Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2017, 04:49 PM

Default Delete unused clips from project

Hi all,
I have a bunch of unused audio clips in one of my current projects and the project won't upload because I am running out of cloud storage space. I would happily buy more storage space if I were sure to be able to control what I am saving on the cloud. Is there anybody who successfully managed to delete unused clips in Pro Tools First 12.8? I have tried several approaches without success.

The most common approach seems to be the one described here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
In the clip / region list menu :

1. select unused region.

2. clear selected.

3. when prompted to choose between "remove" (clip region from session) & "delete" (file from hard drive), select "delete"

To avoid being asked / prompted for every audio file, hold down the Alt key when you choose "delete"

Just be damned sure you really want to do this, as the files are deleted directly from within Pro Tools, rather than moved to the trash, so it's not possible to undo once you've committed.
However, how am I supposed to remove the files if I cannot find the clip region in Pro Tools First 12.8?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Delete unused clips from project

Ctrl+Shift+U to select unused clips, Ctrl+Shift+B to clear, Alt+Click on delete or move to trash.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Delete unused clips from project

Hi amagras,
Thanks for your reply. It worked! However, the program still throws an error when syncing with the cloud.

Error: file size exceeds available cloud storage

At this point I believe that I just need to buy more cloud space. I still have some doubts on the reliability of the cloud storage mechanism though. Logically, a project with less clips should take less storage space. However, it looks like when I deleted the clips the program attempted to upload the information but it failed. In fact, cloud storage space occupation did not change.