Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Bad sound quality issue

You're welcome.

And you should always turn up the volume knob on your monitor controller, if your wish is to have louder monitoring. Not driving the mix buss crazy. The moves you do on mixer should have a purpose for the mix, simply listening to louder is a job for monitor controller.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4yptor View Post
Alrighty, thanks a lot! :) And yes, massive has a level control. I'll try that too if nothing works.
When you say 'massive' you mean NI's Massive vi right? If so don't be surprised if you have to MIDI learn the output volume to MIDI cc7 if that's what you're going to use for level control. Massive's output can come out super hot - been there/had that happen.

QAPLA!
Old 03-09-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
When you say 'massive' you mean NI's Massive vi right? If so don't be surprised if you have to MIDI learn the output volume to MIDI cc7 if that's what you're going to use for level control. Massive's output can come out super hot - been there/had that happen.
Well, further explanation would be nice. I stated a few times that I am new to all of this.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Well, further explanation would be nice. I stated a few times that I am new to all of this.
Well - you didn't answer my question did you? An answer would be nice.

As far as MIDI learning a control you really need to dig into the documentation for whatever plugins you are using. NI has documentation for all their plugins - suggestion is to read it. But for now the simple answer is you right click on the control and a MIDI learn menu should appear. Select what you want to do and move whatever control you want to use. There may be a way to enter a specific cc number but that's something I never had to worry about as I have a keyboard controller and foot pedal volume control.

QAPLA!
Old 03-10-2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:

As far as MIDI learning a control you really need to dig into the documentation for whatever plugins you are using. NI has documentation for all their plugins - suggestion is to read it. But for now the simple answer is you right click on the control and a MIDI learn menu should appear. Select what you want to do and move whatever control you want to use. There may be a way to enter a specific cc number but that's something I never had to worry about as I have a keyboard controller and foot pedal volume control.
Yeah I mean NI's Massive. Sorry but it was just that you already stated that in your first post but never explained it, a page back.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Yeah I mean NI's Massive. Sorry but it was just that you already stated that in your first post but never explained it, a page back.
Well I did say NI's Massive didn't I? Granted I didn't explain how to do a MIDI learn but I thought you knew enough about the software you're using or at least had taken a look at the plugin documentation to know what I was talking about. That's the only way to really learn something. Sure you can come here and ask but most of us assume that posters would at least have the basic usage knowledge down.

QAPLA!
Old 03-10-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Well I did say NI's Massive didn't I? Granted I didn't explain how to do a MIDI learn but I thought you knew enough about the software you're using or at least had taken a look at the plugin documentation to know what I was talking about. That's the only way to really learn something. Sure you can come here and ask but most of us assume that posters would at least have the basic usage knowledge down.
Yeah I did take a glance at it but I didn't notice anything like that. Googling only brings up assigning stuff to an actuall midi keyboard n stuff. You see, I am completely new to all this.
The closest info that the documentation gives is the midi options in Massive, which also told me to set it ASIO (or something like that) on windows for best performance etc. Before jumping into the world of music making I did try and check some stuff but this is something I've never heard of. Would be nice to have someone to guide me as I had a real hard time starting things off within Avid, couldn't figure out a thing.

Edit: also sorry for stating that im new over and over again it's just I'm really new, but I am ready to learn.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:

I'm still puzzled. I may look pretty stupid right now but yeah, I dunno what to do. Where's the "control"? The closest thing I noticed is the bar with a "controllers" option, but there I don't know what to click on too. I'm probably blind.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I'm still puzzled. I may look pretty stupid right now but yeah, I dunno what to do. Where's the "control"? The closest thing I noticed is the bar with a "controllers" option, but there I don't know what to click on too. I'm probably blind.
Like I said you have to sit down and actually READ the documentation for whatever plugin you're trying to work with. This is one of those times you have to get dirty with what's happening and not think everything is plug and play. I won't even get into explaining 'controls' if you can't be bothered to go through the docs for your plugins.

QAPLA!
Old 03-13-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Like I said you have to sit down and actually READ the documentation for whatever plugin you're trying to work with. This is one of those times you have to get dirty with what's happening and not think everything is plug and play. I won't even get into explaining 'controls' if you can't be bothered to go through the docs for your plugins.
The thing is that I did go into it and I already wrote what I only found. A majority
of the docs content are just general features like wavetables, filters and whatever,
which I already figured out n stuff. But ok I'll go through it again tomorrow.