Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2015, 10:12 AM

Default Ezdrummer ?

Is it possible to use ezdrummer with pro tools first ?
Old 09-08-2015, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Ezdrummer ?

No.

As was already explained in the FAQ you were pointed at In your other post.

The inability to exchange sessions with other Pro Tools users, and forcing purchases of plugins through the store/incompatibility with users already purchased plugins, and other crippling, makes Pro Tools | Last a waste of time for many users. Many other DAWs offer better value and flexibility, GarageBand and up...
Old 09-08-2015, 10:25 AM

Only if it is purchased from within the "app store":

Q) Can I use any AAX plug-ins with Pro Tools | First?
A) Over 20 plug-ins are included with Pro Tools | First including the Xpand!2 Virtual Instrument. Pro Tools | First supports AAX Native 64 and AAX AudioSuite 64 plug-ins purchased from within the in-app Store. Check the description/specs in the Avid Marketplace to confirm if an iLok is required. Plug-in bundles which include ‘First’ in the name are specifically designed for use with Pro Tools | First and do not require an iLok. These plug-ins should download and automatically install, without needing to re-launch Pro Tools. Only plug-ins purchased through the Avid Marketplace with your Avid Master Account will work with Pro Tools | First. All other plug-ins will remain hidden and unavailable at launch. If you purchase plug-ins for Pro Tools | First then upgrade to Pro Tools, those plug-ins will be available as the AAX Native 64 format is exactly the same for Pro Tools | First and Pro Tools.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 09-08-2015, 11:01 AM

... And EZ-Drummer is not available in the App Store, are any third party plugins??? Why would plugin vendors put there plugins there and let Avid take a cut of their sales.... Or make any effort for a non-existent Pro Tools | Last market. If Avid pulls off creating a plugin market with Pro Tools | Last they then get to try to carry that across to full Pro Tools. Just something plugin vendors don't need to subservient to, and are unlikely to want to have happen. Especially larger plugin vendors will want to own and manage their relationships with their customers, and many of them (including Toontracks) are very good at doing that.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-08-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
... And EZ-Drummer is not available in the App Store, are any third party plugins??? Why would plugin vendors put there plugins there and let Avid take a cut of their sales.... Or make any effort for a nob-existent Pro Tools | Last market. If Avid pulls off creating a plugin market with Pro Tools | Last they then get to try to carry that across to full Pro Tools. Just something plugin vendors don't need to subservient to, and are unlikely to want to have happen. Especially larger plugin vendors will want to own and manage their relationships with their customers, and many of them (including Toontracks) are very good at doing that.
I had opened the thread before you posted, when I replied I didn't see yours.

I'm pretty sure that if a plugin manufacturer sells a plugin at Sweetwater, or any other store, that store takes a cut. No different then through the Avid marketplace.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 09-08-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
I had opened the thread before you posted, when I replied I didn't see yours.

I'm pretty sure that if a plugin manufacturer sells a plugin at Sweetwater, or any other store, that store takes a cut. No different then through the Avid marketplace.

Joel
It is very different. The vendor selling through a traditional store is in control of the ongoing customer relationship, including direct upgrade sales, and less at the mercy of Avid. And competition in retail channels keeps their margins down. I expect especially the larger plugin vendors have negative interest in the Avid plugin marketplace. Of course we get to see how healthy a plugin store ecosystem Avid gets to create, for that huge Pro Tools | First customer base.... But I am not going to hold my breath...

Why oh why was doing any of this say more important than needed bug fixes, usability/stability improvements, track freeze, getting replacements for HD/TDM interfaces to market, ...