Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 AM

Default Stage Box For The SC48

Can someone help me understand how the stage box will work within the set up of an exisiting SC48? The new venue 3.0 s/w states existing SC48 users can go up to 64 channels. Will I be able to connect an additional 16 mic pres through the stage box & run 64 simultaneous mic pres? Can I place 2 input cards in the stage box,giving me 80 total mic pres (48 on back of the console & 32 in the stage box), & patchbay the 64 out of the 80 that i want to use? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Stage Box For The SC48

No, it will still be 48 pre's 32 outs, 64 channels is for those people who like to double-assign some channels to have separate channels for monitor mix.

For existing systems users it's meant for you to dig out 2 of 3 input modules and re-seat them into stage rack. If you need to have 48 inputs and outputs on stage you need two racks.

Q&A:

What is the maximum number of mic preamps supported (remote plus local)?

A total of 48 mic inputs, located either locally in the console or remotely in up to two Stage 48 boxes, is supported.

Can I install three input cards in a single Stage 48 box, for a total of 48 mic inputs?

Yes.

What is the maximum number of Stage 48 remote boxes that can be used at one time?

A total of two Stage 48 boxes can be connected to a single SC48 console.

Can I install the IO16 Option Card in Stage 48?

No, the IO16 Option Card can only be installed in the SC48 console.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the info. One quick question on the io 16 option card, can 8 of the inputs from that card be used simultaneously with the 48mic pres if I have Venue 3.0 (giving me 56 possible simultaneous channels)? Thanks again.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging Sound View Post
Thanks for the info. One quick question on the io 16 option card, can 8 of the inputs from that card be used simultaneously with the 48mic pres if I have Venue 3.0 (giving me 56 possible simultaneous channels)? Thanks again.
V3 Feature:

Expanded input processing channels for SC48 and Mix Rack. SC48 expanded from 48 to 64 input processing channels; Mix Rack expanded from 64 to 80 input processing channels.

Benefit:

Allows all micpres, plus ancillary I/O (such as the IO16 card), to be patched simultaneously and available to mix. Also provides more channels for splitting inputs when doing FOH and monitors from the same console.

So go a head, add an external mic pre to your IO16 and have 48+ mics connected
Old 03-07-2012, 10:15 AM

Anyone know the reason behind only having one power supply on the Stage48? The picture of the back of the unit only shows one power-cord plug. Maybe the power supply is stable enough not to have redundancy, however, having that second power supply does create a peace of mind that IF (or when) one fails there is a second one ready to go.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrison.ece05 View Post
Anyone know the reason behind only having one power supply on the Stage48? The picture of the back of the unit only shows one power-cord plug. Maybe the power supply is stable enough not to have redundancy, however, having that second power supply does create a peace of mind that IF (or when) one fails there is a second one ready to go.
I wondered the same thing.. I like Avid's attitude of having redundancy built in in everything, it was a pleasure to see the redundant cat6 being used and then... one power supply!?