Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2019, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Error 9093?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
This is starting to become a show stopper for me...hope it gets fixed soon!
Have you done all the troubleshooting of plugins etc? I would not assume it is a genetic issue without doing that.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
I’m getting it on pc. Raised buffet. Seeing if it helps.

Why does protools have so many issues? I ask myself this daily.
I don’t know if it’s so much Pro Tools or it’s just computers period. Every now and then you’ll get the golden rig with just the right everything and there are no issues at all, my 1st rig was like that. A Digidesign 001, Pro Tools LE 5.31, Athlon XP. The first weekend, it ran nonstop without a hiccup and just almost paid for itself.

My latest rig is Thunderbolt Native on an i9/64 Gb/18 Tb system running 2019.5 Ultimate that has had a few -9093 errors, but at 64 buffer it ran for over 6 hours without one with 38 tracks and almost 400 plugins. For my normal usage this thing should never even shimmy. Time will tell.

Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 05-23-2019, 10:46 PM

I was able to get the Protools Expert session to play by removing the "built-in mic" from the Protools aggregate. It also played fine when the Apollo Twin was selected as the audio hardware. 85 tracks with Dverb and the channel strip maxed out the MBP quad. (Mojave, 64 buffer setting, slow screen draws)

On the MP (12core, High Sierra) I dubbed the 128 audio tracks into 192(max for 2019.5)
All 192 audio tracks played with the native card and/or with the built-in output selected. I went on to consolidate their original 96k audio clips to create 192 new audio files that were 5 mins long each. The session folder ended up being 17gigs. All 192 tracks played from the system SSD but when I moved the folder to the WD Black audio drive, only 130 audio tracks would play without the -9073 Slow Disk error. Switching the cache from "normal" to "20gigs" yielded the same results as the 7200rpm drive.

I will keep testing things to figure out my -9093 errors I experience on real session. I just figured it will be hard to solve especially with so many factors involved. So many different computer systems and the way each person has their computer configured.
Thanks.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:10 PM

Same here. No plugin, no VI, just 11 mono audio files.
Yes, trashed pref, etc...
Might go back to 2018.12
Frustrating!
16 Core
96 GB ram
macOS Ventura 13.4
Somehow, musicians are now technicians!
Old 05-23-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinky View Post
Same here. No plugin, no VI, just 11 mono audio files.
Yes, trashed pref, etc...
Might go back to 2018.12
Frustrating!
When you say no plugins, do you mean instantiated in the session or did you try removing all plugin files from the Pro Tools plugin folder?

If you already did that sorry to labor the point but it's great to know clearly what you did. If not can you please try this stuff below.

When you trash prefs use Peter Gate's utility and make sure you get everything.

Move all the .aaxplugin files out of your plugin folder (/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio, put them anywhere else but the Plug-Ins (Unused) folder is a good place). Then trash prefs and start Pro Tools. Pro Tools will automatically put back the default plugins. Then if you try that does the problem still happen? Corrupt plugins can mess with the system, even if you don't have them instantiated in a session, they are loaded into memory and get to run and do stuff and may keep running and messing with things so. If your system has the same issues after removing all third party plugins that is helps get help focussed elsewhere. Leave all the third party plugins uninstalled for the further tests.

Other things to try.

Try with Built-in Output as the playback engine. That tests if the problem is HDX specific or not, a thunderbolt issue (see below), a bug trigged by the HDX mixer, may be a HD driver related bug etc. (even though not all folks here reporting this have HDX a significant fraction seem to).

Create a new macOS Admin user account and try running that session from there. (that checks for a couple of things, problems trashing prefs, and deeper corruption of user accounts and permissions).

----

And for folks with Thunderbolt expansion boxes or Thunderbolt native I'll just remind you that Avid reported AAE-9093 issues with Thunderbolt Native in the past. If I was seeing this error I'd be trying Built-In Output, and if that worked Ok then I'd be playing with configs, like unloading anything off the Thunderbolt busses, making sure the interface card(s) are really on a isolated bus (multiple ports on Macs are connected to the same bus, only use one port on each bus, check the documentation). powering off other thunderbolt peripherals, and if there are multiple HDX cards in a larger enclosure I'd pull all but one card and try with that.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...fs=Search&pn=1

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-24-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:50 AM

I get a lot of these errors with sessions containing several soft synths. Less with a playback buffer of 1024...

Phone +46707773443
Old 05-24-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
I am getting a lot of 9093 errors in PT 2019. I am on a 12 core Mac Cheesegrater 5,1 with 96 gigs or RAM. Using Sierra OSX. The entire session is disk cashed so I am reading all audio from RAM. Audio and video reside on different drives (video is on an internal SSD and it is NOT the systems drive).
I am using Pro-Res Proxy 1920X1080. My computer has been fully optimized as suggested by Avid and I do not run any VI. I also do not have any air plugins installed and the plugins that I do have are up to date. It seems that every time I want to play the film from start to finish (or record master audio outputs to tracks) I get the error after about 5minutes of play back or recording to track. I never had this error under PT 11. My disk cash is at 20 gigs, and indicates 'green' the entire timeline is cashed. The buffer is at the highest (1124 I think is the number) so I can not make t nay higher. Starting play back or record, backing up a few frames and resuming operation solves the problem as operation continues but it is a pain to deal with especially when recording to track and the tracks are recorded with a punch in and then have to be re-rendered to get glued back onto a single file, so it is a waste of time, if I am doing 6 X 5.1 stems M&E, Master, DialoGUe, Music, SFX, backgrounds, and a few stereos).
One suggestion is try making your proxy file 720p, see if that helps. I’m not on 2019 yet but I find 720p causes me less issues than 1080. I recently went to 2018 ultimate and video playback has gotten glitchy on and off compared to the the older HD version was better, but know errors. Also set your video track to blocks not frames.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control
Old 05-24-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
When you say no plugins, do you mean instantiated in the session or did you try removing all plugin files from the Pro Tools plugin folder?

If you already did that sorry to labor the point but it's great to know clearly what you did. If not can you please try this stuff below.

When you trash prefs use Peter Gate's utility and make sure you get everything.

Move all the .aaxplugin files out of your plugin folder (/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio, put them anywhere else but the Plug-Ins (Unused) folder is a good place). Then trash prefs and start Pro Tools. Pro Tools will automatically put back the default plugins. Then if you try that does the problem still happen? Corrupt plugins can mess with the system, even if you don't have them instantiated in a session, they are loaded into memory and get to run and do stuff and may keep running and messing with things so. If your system has the same issues after removing all third party plugins that is helps get help focussed elsewhere. Leave all the third party plugins uninstalled for the further tests.

Other things to try.

Try with Built-in Output as the playback engine. That tests if the problem is HDX specific or not, a thunderbolt issue (see below), a bug trigged by the HDX mixer, may be a HD driver related bug etc. (even though not all folks here reporting this have HDX a significant fraction seem to).

Create a new macOS Admin user account and try running that session from there. (that checks for a couple of things, problems trashing prefs, and deeper corruption of user accounts and permissions).

----

And for folks with Thunderbolt expansion boxes or Thunderbolt native I'll just remind you that Avid reported AAE-9093 issues with Thunderbolt Native in the past. If I was seeing this error I'd be trying Built-In Output, and if that worked Ok then I'd be playing with configs, like unloading anything off the Thunderbolt busses, making sure the interface card(s) are really on a isolated bus (multiple ports on Macs are connected to the same bus, only use one port on each bus, check the documentation). powering off other thunderbolt peripherals, and if there are multiple HDX cards in a larger enclosure I'd pull all but one card and try with that.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...fs=Search&pn=1

Thanks for the tips. I will try your suggestions after the holiday weekend.
Truly appreciate it!
16 Core
96 GB ram
macOS Ventura 13.4
Somehow, musicians are now technicians!
Old 05-27-2019, 06:41 PM

Been getting these randomly and often. NO changes to my system other than updating to 2019.5 from the 2018.12. Highly doubtful this is plug-in related. I hope its looked into. These stoppage bugs that have started from version 11 need to be squashed!

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 13.6.6 Ventura,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3.1, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:43 PM

been happening since 2018 ultimate saw a big decrease once i got a early 2012 3.46 ghz mac pro maybe one a day part avid problem and also some 3rd party plugins at fault from some of my tests!