Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2016, 08:41 AM

Default Re: AAE error -9173 stronger than ever on PT 12.5

As a thread starter i must say i've been using PT 12,4 since then (after trying 12,5) and take off PT 10 forever.Load older PT 10 sessions get rid of some brainworks plugin (wich come along with the old PT 10 session)then close the session,open it again to get rid off of Error AAE 6 ,then re insert the brainworks plugin (now aax 64) and things run smoothly,almost rock solid.9173 appears by cortesy of internet wifi but very rarely.Don't have had time to upgrade again to 12,5 or i'm lacking courage.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:49 AM

Ah i forgot to mesnion that 9173 was a painfull issue with 12,4!I think i said i think the problem has to do with rtas aax 32 aax 64 all in the same system.Guitar rig for example was crashing PT 12,4 just by having the aax 32 and 64 along with rtas linked by the coinstalation of PT 12 or 11 and 10.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:51 AM

We're on the verge of the next PT release but I'm concerned since we've only had 6 customers complete the report linked here. If you are experiencing an increase in -9173 errors in 12.5 please complete that report as soon as you are able. Thank you!
Old 06-07-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
We're on the verge of the next PT release but I'm concerned since we've only had 6 customers complete the report linked here. If you are experiencing an increase in -9173 errors in 12.5 please complete that report as soon as you are able. Thank you!
Jeffro,

Would it be fair to say that this issue won't be addressed in the next release then?

PS: It would literally take me more than one hour just to list all the installed plugins to complete the form. I have most Waves, UAD, Izotope, half of PA, and many others like McDSP, Softube, Wavearts, AIR, Kush, Slate, and the rest I can't remember off hand. I understand that information is important, but do you think that has anything to do with why only 6 people responded?

I have an active support plan for my HDX, and naven't bothered to open a case because I just am not convinced that AVID thinks it is very important. Maybe an official statement from AVID to the effect that restoring stability to PT is Job1 and all other considerations are put on hold would improve the response rate.

After all the time people have spend trying to figure out what's causing it and then rolling back to a previous stable version, it's kind of like added insult to injury. Could the developers be bothered to read the forum and gather some of that info themselves?
Old 06-07-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Jeffro, I/we appreciate everything you do here, but unfortunately ...

1) the link was created far too late in the day, because,
2) pretty much everyone has already established their workaround for the problem, and
3) they are loath to go back and spend more time playing around with the issue, having suffered too much down time already with an inadequate prompt response from Avid.

Unfortunately, as poor as this comment may be, many people have simply lost the will to carry on beta testing, even though, deep down, they realise Avid needs the feedback to help diagnose the problem to the fullest extent.

We've been complaining about, and been plagued by 9173 errors for years. Yes, 12.5 seems to have exacerbated the problem for some people, but let's not lose sight of the fact this has been a problem for quite some time.

Equivalent projects in other DAWs in my experience do not exhibit the same issue on the same computer, so something is seriously amiss with Pro Tools itself IMO.

Sorry Jeffro if this makes depressing reading, and if anyone feels my analysis is inaccurate, I'd be happy to read alternate views. I understand that you probably won't be able to discuss the situation in this way, but I hope you appreciate the sincerity of my comments.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 06-07-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Jeffro-

while i know you mean well with this, and are generally quite superhuman in your attentiveness to technical issues here, i'm concerned that the overall level of frustration on the part of many users may not be sufficiently understood.

for me....it's at a point where i now believe learning another DAW will take less of my time than dealing with all the Pro Tools troubles.

where $400/year for a PT HD support plan is a trivial rounding error on my bottom line, but i still can't bring myself to pay it, because i have no faith it will result in any tangible benefit.

where it takes 5 minutes to fill out a report on ideascale, but i still won't do it, because i'm not convinced that any of Avid's decision-makers read it or care.

i might be quicker to anger than most folks, but i have to believe that others will jump ship too if stuff doesn't get fixed.

PT HD is a premium product, with a premium cost, and i already have a busy life. i want the software to work without a whole bunch of extra input from me. Avid must have a beta testing team, no?
Old 06-07-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the update Jeffro.
My first thought is: Cool, they're working on it. Second, glad I was able to submit a report (which is not too complex in the way of plugins). So maybe that can help ascertain a problem regardless of the number of plugins in each system. Just wish there were more reports as I also re-posted the link in as many pertaining threads as I could.

Last edited by take77; 06-07-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:56 PM

Sorry to those who see this as too little too late. While there is some useful info in this thread (which has been collected and reviewed) I thought it would help to capture a baseline set of details across a group of customers to help this effort which is already in progress. I realize some are too busy, but the info gathered from those that can participate I believe will be helpful.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:03 PM

I get them terribly with 12.5, and have just seen that there's a survey for this. But, I also don't have time to figure out what's wrong and rolled back to 12.4.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:19 PM

FWIW I just filled out the survey.