Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2015, 09:11 AM

Default afl/pfl HD Omni setup

I have an HDN setup with an OMNI and I'm wondering how (or if) you can setup AFL/PFL to feed my main speakers? It appears that in the I/O setup I can only assign the AFL/PFL path to an unused set of outputs. Is this possible without dedicating additional hardware outputs and additional speakers? I realize I could probably patch hardware outputs back into inputs and assign those directly to the monitor in the hardware setup, but that seems excessive.

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 10-25-2015, 10:52 AM

Default Re: afl/pfl HD Omni setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
I have an HDN setup with an OMNI and I'm wondering how (or if) you can setup AFL/PFL to feed my main speakers? It appears that in the I/O setup I can only assign the AFL/PFL path to an unused set of outputs. Is this possible without dedicating additional hardware outputs and additional speakers? I realize I could probably patch hardware outputs back into inputs and assign those directly to the monitor in the hardware setup, but that seems excessive.
Upgrade to PT12 and you'll be able to do what you are asking.

In previous versions, you needed to dedicate separate outs for AFL/PFL and your Monitor Controller had to switch between them. It was a PITA and Avid went back to the way PT worked years ago.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.