Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2013, 11:10 PM

Default HD NATIVE with AD16x issue with digital i/o

I currently upgraded my 003 system to HD native pcie system. I was running my AD16x just as a clock via BNC to 003 and running all monitoring through my Central Station via light pipe from 003. Everything was working just fine but i wanted to use my AD16x to the fullest potential.

My current system set up:

PT HD 9.0.3 using the AD16x (with hdx option card) as interface Via DIGILINK to a NATIVE pcie card. With analog inputs via AES cable. I have one optical light pipe cable going from ADAT 1-8 output (AD16x) into Central Station TOS link input.

NO SIGNAL TO DAC

PT is recognizing AD16x as a 192 just fine in hardware setup and in i/o menu. I set PT to default i/o options and I am in ADVANCED MONITORING MODE as the AD16x displays 2.0 on bootup. I tried several hardware setup such as digital input settings from aes to spidif to spidif(optical). I have tried numerous matrix combinations and numerous i/o combinations. Ahhhh!

NO SIGNAL TO DAC

Is my routing wrong? is my digital i/o wrong? Is my Hardware set up wrong? Is my AD16x configured wrong? what am i missing?

Please any info would be great, i have been working this out now for over two weeks and i am and my end.

Sincerely,

Bryan Pino
Soul Sound Productions
(480) 784-7280
[email protected]
Old 10-05-2013, 12:21 PM

Default Re: HD NATIVE with AD16x issue with digital i/o

Have you upgraded the firmware on the X-HD card?

http://apogeedigital.com/company/support.php#XHD

Our AD-16x was super buggy. this upgrade fixed it, has worked flawlessly since.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:01 PM

Default Re: HD NATIVE with AD16x issue with digital i/o

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyman View Post
Have you upgraded the firmware on the X-HD card?

http://apogeedigital.com/company/support.php#XHD

Our AD-16x was super buggy. this upgrade fixed it, has worked flawlessly since.

Hope this helps.
I guess not, as the OP said it is showing itself as (Digidesign) 192 box. The new firmware makes it appear as (Avid) HD interface.