Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-11-2003, 10:24 AM

Default Error type 10,address error ,illegal error, buss error ,illegal instruction

those error messages named a above are all the messages that i keep getting form my G4 867 DP running Protools TDM 5.1.3 at start up every time i re install my system, after about a week of good use it then gives me error messages and does'nt allow me to boot up anymore , i was told i had bad ram which i've since change out and added all new ram,the system always starts up in OSX anyway only in OS 9.2.2 i have this problem.can someone out there help me with this thank you !!
Old 05-11-2003, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Error type 10,address error ,illegal error, buss error ,illegal instruction

Do you still have these errors when booting OS 9 with extensions disabled (hold down the shift key)?

If not, you have a conflict brewing. Let us know what happens when you try the above.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Error type 10,address error ,illegal error, buss error ,illegal instruction

Hey chief guess what! i have tried every possible thing,like holding down shift key & turning off extensions etc etc etc and have always still come up with the same results which has always made me have to reformat and start over from scratch reinstalling OSX & Os 9.2.2 and Protools etc etc.I realy don't know why i have this problem in 9.2.2 but as i said i always boot up in OSX successfully with no issues whatsoever.i have to get work done in 5.1.3 on )S 9.2.2 caus ei ahve most of my plug inns in that system anyway so i need a working 9.2.2 5.1.3 system always,so tommorrow i plan to try copying over OS 9.2.2 classic and reinstall Protools 5.1.3 again and see what happens from there again ok!!i'll keep you posted...do you have a number??
Old 05-14-2003, 11:21 AM

Oh man, I had a hell of a time with this same issue. I take care of all the audio macs at AiCDIS, and our post studios computer kept dying at bootup with type 10 errors. I pulled it apart, changed the RAM, computer, nothing seemed to work. My last thought is that it was virus related and voila, a virus!!!! I can't remember the exact name but it was an easy fix. You should scan all of your external drives and auth disks if you are having recurring infections. Hope you fix the prob!!!

jerms