Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 PM

Default Almost constant -9128 Error

MacPro 3,1 (2x2.8GHz quad core, 18G ram) 10.7.3

Was having this issue with PT8 on 10.7, but not 10.6, so I upgraded since 8 isn't supported. Running PT 10.0.1. I've looked at other threads and tried some of the suggestions (running Cocktail, rearing disk permissions, etc).

I've disabled all but native plugins and it runs alright. System usage panel is yellow (never green) and goes red over 30% on the CPU(Native) channel. Here's an image:

That's what it does when idling. Do I need to take this back to 10.6 to work? This persists on both the Digi002R and if I use internal line out for audio. Only way to get both to run is to check the box that gives you clicks and pops, which isn't going to work for tracking.

What's going on? I can't use my system for much of anything audio wise, and I need to do a bunch of synth work this week.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Almost constant -9128 Error

My PT 10 was running well (and purring louder than 9 LE!) until this weekend when I wanted to use the Moogerfooger Ring Modulator and Analog delay that came with the Factory bundle when I bought PT 6-ish. I found the plugs in the ~/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-ins (Unused) folder on my Mac,and placed them back into the Plug-ins folder. When I started up PT 10, I got constant "You are running out of CPU power - disable some plugins or increase settings in the Playback Settings dialog" (or similar, I have PT closed at the moment) "-9128 Error"

OK, I went to the Avid site, remembering there were problems when moving to PT 8 and downloaded the latest installer for the Moogerfoogers. Qquit PT, install restart PT. No difference (still having the same error -- and changing the playback settings made no difference). Looked at my iLok account, and yes, the plug-ins were listed, with no expiration. I finally removed the Moogerfoogers and all was back to normal.

My guess is your problem is with a plug-in (or several) that are incompatible with PT 10. Since your native Digi plug-ins seem to run well, it's time to troubleshoot the third party plugs... Add half of the plug-ins back into the Plug-ins folder. Test with PT. If you have no errors, cool. You can add in (say) half of the rest. Test again. If you do get the errors, remove half of what you just added and see if you get errors. Or, you can add in plug-ins one at a time and see what breaks the system. Remove the culprit and keep testing until the plug-ins you're using don't cause errors. Plug-ins that you moved out of the folder will need to be updated (if they can be).

Hope this helps...

Mac Pro, 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB RAM, OS X 10.8.5
PT 10.3.10, cheapo Behringer interface (because my Digi 002 Rack stopped working)

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Old 02-15-2012, 12:16 AM

this is happening to me ? Not Sure If It Would Be Plugins?

My Issue Is Only When I Select 1024 samples in the play back engine?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:25 AM

[QUOTE=colinmansfield;1900704]My PT 10 was running well (and purring lMoogerfo

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN REMOVE OLD PUGINGS/

WHAT FOLDER IS THAT..

IM ON A MAC..

I FOND A PLUGIN ALIAS FOLDER BUT IM GUESSING THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT ONE?

THANKS
Old 02-17-2012, 05:47 PM

Why not use one of the sharware plug in updators. There is a sound on sound protools article that references a plug in updator that a fellow inFrance created!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:09 AM

Your plug-ins folder is

Mac HD (your startup drive) - Library - Aplication Support - Digidesign - Plug-ins.

Also with PT 10, there is an an Avid folder inside Application Support, which also has a Plug-ins folder, but this contains the AAX plug-ins and so shouldn't be the cause of your problems.

So back to the Plug-ins folder in Digidesign in Application Support. If there isn't also a Plug-ins (Unused) folder in the Digidesign folder then create one. This is where you can move the plug-ins you want to disable.

Remember never move plug-ins whilst Pro Tools is running, as it will get very upset. Always quit Pro Tools before moving plug-ins.

Or as 'epiphone' points out you can use Mark Trombino's free application called Plug Tools and follow how to use it in my Sound on Sound article from August 2010.

Hope that helps,