Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 02-06-2015, 09:42 AM

Default Sound is playing too fast with M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Hello Guys,

i have a serious problem with my M-Audio Fast Track Pro. Everytime i startup my PC and want to hear some Music or YT-Videos, the sound is playing too fast... Like 4 to 6 times faster. After this, i go to Sound-Settings, deactivate the
device and turn it on after 1 second. After this procedure the sound is working fine and no problems. But after a break while no sound is playing, the same thing happens again and the sound plays again too fast. It's not like chipmunk its like just faster than normal. The pitch didnt change.
I reinstalled driver, changed them to old versions (with driver version 6.0.7 the
fast sound disappears, but the mic input is not working with this driver so i prefer 6.1.10)
Funny thing is, that if im using my DAW there is no such problem!
My Driver now is the 6.1.10 with firmware 1.0.2!
Ive tried everything but there is no fix for me. Seems like something with the internal clock isnt working fine. But thats just a assumption.

so i'm not a native speaker so please excuse me for mistakes.

Thanks for the Help!