Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-05-2003, 05:32 PM

Default DBX Pro Vocal digital vocal strip

Anyone use one of these? I tried searching google for reviews and only found Harmony Central with 2 reviews and that was it. I know that many people aren't too crazy about DBX products but I am very interested if anyone has used one of these. I have a buddy who had some "fall" on his lap and would sell me one real cheap. Any input is greatly appreciated...thanks!

X
Old 03-06-2003, 04:25 PM

Default Re: DBX Pro Vocal digital vocal strip

I guess nobody has used or heard one of these?

X
Old 03-06-2003, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xprod77:
I guess nobody has used or heard one of these?

X
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">just saw your post,

I have one, I love it.
i think it has a great preamp in it, I just add minimal effects for my standard vocal tracks, a tad of reverb, bit of eq.
then i don't have to add anything in pro tools.
It has a couple of cool settings ,like megaphone, and telephone, and the deesser is nice, you can eliminate using yet another plug in in pro tools.

As far as usability, I think it's real straight forward, I didn't have to use the manual.
the only weird thing, is if you go to change a setting, you have to turn the knob PAST the current setting, then it you can change it.
This acutally kind of helps cause you can see where it was before, once the number actually changed, you know thats what it was set on.

anyway go to
www.geocities.com/metaltim
any songs on there (there are about 3 or 4) you can d/l and hear, all of them, the proVocal was used

Tim
Old 03-06-2003, 04:45 PM

Also, one thing I noticed, before I had this, I always had to add gain, or a compressor on my vox trax to get them anywhere loud enough.

As soon as I got this, the levels were perfect, I rarely have to add gain, or put a compressor or limiter on the track to get the levels loud enough with the rest of the song.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:53 PM

Excellent! Thanks for the input. I have the same problem with tracking vocals too...the levels never seem loud enough and I always have to add the Digirack comp just to get the levels loud enough. I think I'll give my friend a buzz and pick one up...thanks again!

X