Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM

Default Disney Specs Question

Disney ABC specs state the following regarding Audio levels:

"There should be no sustained (longer than 1 second) audio level peaks above +12dB over reference. There should be no level excursions between +10Bb and +12dB over reference, that are sustained for more than one second. Excessive wide dynamic range is not acceptable. Normal conversational dialogue is to stay within +2dB and +7dB over reference."

I would assume the bold text refers to dialogue peaks? I was surprised to not see anything regarding LKFS of average dialogue levels. Does anyone have experience with mixing to these specs? If so, what average dialogue level are you using? Most other shows I'm working on ask for -24LKFS +/-2dB or an equivalent leq(A) measurement.

This is a reality show.

Thank you.