Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2014, 04:27 PM

Default Protools 10 Manual?

I would like to be able to read the Manual on my iPad. i tried Googling it but it wouldn't open because of Safari?

Is the Manual on this website? if so where should i look? I did a Search but couldn't find it?

Thanks,

Lars

Last edited by larsongs; 08-08-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Protools 10 Manual?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...211?popup=true
There you go
Old 08-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Admin Emeritus

Click on the link at the top of the forum to the "Other Resources (Links)" section of the forum:
Software Updates, Drivers, Manuals, Compatibility, Troubleshooting, etc. (Links)

Then on:
Pro Tools Documents
Knowledge Base search results for All Pro Tools Documents, includes the Pro Tools manuals for different versions.

There are a number of iOS apps that can open PDFs, including the free Adobe Reader:
iTunes > App Store > Business > Adobe > Adobe Reader
Old 08-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Aaaaahhhh, thanks!

Also is there a way I can access the Manual on other Computers without having to Download it?

Thanks,

Lars
Old 08-09-2014, 10:22 PM

The same way you access any other PDF on any other computer, tablet, eBook, etc. -- you copy it over the network, copy or use it off a thumb drive, stick it on a trusty iPad, etc. I am not sure if you are asking basic computer use questions or if you think the documentation is license protected (it is not).
Old 08-09-2014, 11:52 PM

Tried to download to my IPad but got failed Safari message? Any way to work around?

Thanks,

Lars
Old 08-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

You could use dropbox, install it on your computer and on your iPad, then access your dropbox from the iPad. Whatever you put in dropbox on your computer will be available on your iPad.
Or the same thing as DropBox with Google Drive. Both are free, but unless you have a google gmail account, it might be easier to just install dropbox (which I find easier to use anyway).
Old 08-10-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
You could use dropbox, install it on your computer and on your iPad, then access your dropbox from the iPad. Whatever you put in dropbox on your computer will be available on your iPad.
Or the same thing as DropBox with Google Drive. Both are free, but unless you have a google gmail account, it might be easier to just install dropbox (which I find easier to use anyway).
I've got Dropbox, I can do it that way.

Thanks,

Lars
Old 08-10-2014, 07:41 PM

When I downloaded PT Manual from that link it saved as Zip file on my Computer. When I loaded it to Dropbox it also saved it as Zip files & it doesn't open any of the Manual?

Did I miss a step or two?

Plus, when I open the Manual on my other Computer there is no search box that takes you to the chapters or pages. Do you have to scroll thru hundreds of pages to get to your Search?

Are the Manuals supposed to only be available to the actual PT Customer who bought!

Thanks,

Lars
Old 08-10-2014, 07:47 PM

Well dropbox was likely not a good approach to do this, but I am not getting why this is hard. In Safari on the iPad Google for the manual. Find the pdf link, click on the link in Safari to download it. When you touch the PDF in Safari it will ask if you want to "Open in iBooks" (say yes). It will then copy the PDF over to iBooks where it will for future reference.

When you search for "Pro Tools 10 Reference Guide" this link is in the top few...
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._v10_73478.pdf

The PDF from Avid (whether you direct downloaded it as above, or unpacked it from a zip file) is very well produced, has table of contents and is fully searchable. If you can't work out how to search the PDF or use the table of contents you need to look at the documentation for whatever PDF viewer you are using.