Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-24-2019, 12:57 PM
IK Multimedia

Default Re: IK Group Buy 2019 - 6 for 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I saw what IK did. Instead of freezing out third party dealers like AD they told AD to raise their prices. Probably the same for JRR.
Pure conjecture and completely false. I get it, you have some issue with IK but please don't spread FUD because of that. It's uncouth and uncivil. Also bordering on if not clearly defamatory but don't worry, we don't push around our dealers and won't push people defaming us online. I'll simply clarify below:

Every dealer signs and follows the same dealer agreement. They follow that agreement, and some have "login only" or other such offers that would need to work within that agreement and they typically do.

The first JRR offer was left over serials from a very old deal which honestly should have sold out long before this group buy started. We made no stipulations about pricing on those Fender deals even when this group buy started.

Any AudioDeluxe special deal like the $29 IMSTA (event-based) deal would also be either time-based or a limited number of serials Again, nothing nefarious like you imply (or really you seem to state outright as fact).

Hopefully people can understand these facts from the source, and that like every other company in the industry we have clear agreements with dealers and those agreements have legal terms to which both the dealers and IK comply. We've been in business for over 20 years following all legal agreements with many music retailers and look forward to another 20+ conspiracy-theory free years.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
Pure conjecture and completely false. I get it, you have some issue with IK but please don't spread FUD because of that. It's uncouth and uncivil. Also bordering on if not clearly defamatory but don't worry, we don't push around our dealers and won't push people defaming us online. I'll simply clarify below:

Every dealer signs and follows the same dealer agreement. They follow that agreement, and some have "login only" or other such offers that would need to work within that agreement and they typically do.

The first JRR offer was left over serials from a very old deal which honestly should have sold out long before this group buy started. We made no stipulations about pricing on those Fender deals even when this group buy started.

Any AudioDeluxe special deal like the $29 IMSTA (event-based) deal would also be either time-based or a limited number of serials Again, nothing nefarious like you imply (or really you seem to state outright as fact).

Hopefully people can understand these facts from the source, and that like every other company in the industry we have clear agreements with dealers and those agreements have legal terms to which both the dealers and IK comply. We've been in business for over 20 years following all legal agreements with many music retailers and look forward to another 20+ conspiracy-theory free years.
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think anything nefarious was going on but i was interested to learn about the serial information as it explains a lot.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:01 AM

I bought one of these from this seller

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254370010408

Don't sleep! Going to be 11x1 soon.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 09-27-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:

Nice explanation after the fact but it remains with the exception of the IMSTA deals there was nothing mentioned about time-limits or the sale being based on amount of serial numbers that were in play. Not word one on Audio Deluxe. All of a sudden the prices went up without explanation from dealers.

QAPLA!
Old 09-27-2019, 08:13 AM

We've arrived! Buy one, get 10 free

Many thanks IK MM.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 09-27-2019, 12:25 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
We've arrived! Buy one, get 10 free

Many thanks IK MM.

Stephen
Thanks to all of the participants that made this happen, well done!

I thought we'd hit it during the weekend, now people can get in for the guaranteed full ride over the next three days.

Still have time to head on down to a local retailer and pick up AXE I/O or iRig Stomp I/O if interested in the hardware qualifiers, even.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:39 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think anything nefarious was going on but i was interested to learn about the serial information as it explains a lot.
No problem. And any alleged "prices going up" would only be if there was an error or aforementioned special promotions as we also have pricing set to be fair to all dealers (still with some swing for discounts via certain proper methods) and anything that changed would have to have been something mispriced not something we "made a dealer raise the price of" in any way. For example, some dealers had their everyday Fender Collection 2 priced lower than the minimum advertised price and another dealer had a leftover promo price that should have been reverted remaining - and those were, of course corrected. And one was mostly our fault too. Fully happy to be honest about that too.

I've already disclosed more than most companies would (and note that all of this dealer agreement information is pretty standard, not just with IK, for any company working with audio retailers) but I wanted to be as transparent as possible in the face of what seems to be some misunderstanding and/or manufactured controversy through pure speculation.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks to all of the participants that made this happen, well done!

I thought we'd hit it during the weekend, now people can get in for the guaranteed full ride over the next three days.

Still have time to head on down to a local retailer and pick up AXE I/O or iRig Stomp I/O if interested in the hardware qualifiers, even.
Hi Peter
I may be interested in hardware.
Does the deal close at midnight Monday 30th in the UK?
I can go and purchase at local retailer on Monday 30th.
Failing that i could order online Sunday 29th but it would not arrive until after close out. Hopefully a purchase receipt with date may suffice for qualification.
Would rather buy on Monday though.
Thanks
Jay
Old 09-30-2019, 01:03 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
Hi Peter
I may be interested in hardware.
Does the deal close at midnight Monday 30th in the UK?
I can go and purchase at local retailer on Monday 30th.
Failing that i could order online Sunday 29th but it would not arrive until after close out. Hopefully a purchase receipt with date may suffice for qualification.
Would rather buy on Monday though.
Thanks
Jay
You can buy today and register when you get it. Just make sure it is ordered before the promotion is over (end of day today).