Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2023, 06:59 AM

Default Can't Renew Update Plan

My PT Studio update plan is expiring. I'm trying to renew it via my account on my.avid.com. When I click the button to go to check-out, I'm given the error:

The currency of your shopping cart is not compatible with your locale. Please checkout with products using a different currency.

The support plan is being added to the cart in EUR and I need to pay in CAD. There is no option to change this from my.avid.com. If I go to shop.avid.com I'm directed to visit my avid account for plan upgrades.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari. The same thing happens regardless the browser.
Old 08-13-2023, 07:02 AM
Banned

Default Re: Can't Renew Update Plan

Thanks for your sharing your issue here. I don't know much about it. But I think if you contact to the customer support would be a good idea. I hope they can solve your issue. Good day!
Old 08-13-2023, 07:22 AM

I always buy mine thru a trusted retailer (Sweetwater) which guarantees an immensely better level of support if I need it. Same price, too. On a scale of 1 to 10, my experience with Avid “support” has been negative 1.
Old 08-13-2023, 07:27 AM

Go to thommanmusic.com and purchase there. You also have a 30 day grace period to renew your support plan.

Turn off any VPN you might be using and forgot about.

Last edited by its2loud; 08-13-2023 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-13-2023, 07:36 AM

No VPNs. I do run a software firewall (Little Snitch) but the browsers are unrestricted.
I ask here because of negative past experience with Avid Store support, which is different from Pro Tools software support. I see similar posts in this forum get traction with Avid staff faster than I've ever gotten useful help via shop.avid.com.
Old 08-13-2023, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
My PT Studio update plan is expiring. I'm trying to renew it via my account on my.avid.com. When I click the button to go to check-out, I'm given the error:

The currency of your shopping cart is not compatible with your locale. Please checkout with products using a different currency.

The support plan is being added to the cart in EUR and I need to pay in CAD. There is no option to change this from my.avid.com. If I go to shop.avid.com I'm directed to visit my avid account for plan upgrades.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari. The same thing happens regardless the browser.
It is a problem with the Avid store.
I am in the same position because I change country a few times in the last 10 years and it is always out of sync with what I want to pay in.

Go to Thomann and buy it in whatever currency you want.
It will be a hell of a lot less stressful than putting a call into Avid support.

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting

Last edited by uptheoctave; 08-13-2023 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Go to thommanmusic.com and purchase there. You also have a 30 day grace period to renew your support plan.

Turn off any VPN you might be using and forgot about.
Turns out this will cost me more after conversion than buying directly from Avid.
Old 08-14-2023, 07:44 AM

“Turns out this will cost me more after conversion than buying directly from Avid.“
Depends on how you look at it. How much work are you missing because you CAN’T buy it directly from Avid? :)
Old 08-14-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Turns out this will cost me more after conversion than buying directly from Avid.
How do you figure this? How much more?

If I do a price check on their website for a renewal in US dollars and then check Canadian, the price is the same as the current exchange rate.
Old 08-14-2023, 08:24 AM

The price in CAD from Thomann ($269) is greater than the price shown in CAD on my avid account page ($260).