Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2023, 04:41 AM

Default Playback + Recorder with MTRX

Hi all.

I would be interested to hear how you manage the recorder (dubber) workflow with the MTRX.

Let's assume there are two playback rigs, and one recorder. S6 with Pec/Dir panel, and 1 MTRX.

Are you routing the stems to recorder, and then creating a printmaster on the recorder with the stems as the source. Or are you utilising the MTRX in any creative way to achieve the same result..? are there any pitfalls to be aware of?

I'm aware this isn't a concise question, and i'm sure there will be differing opinions, but i'm curious as to how everyone is working?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-19-2023, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Playback + Recorder with MTRX

In my setup the Playback systems and recorder all connect to the same MTRX. The playback systems feed the recorder which sends to the HTRMU via Dante. The RMU sends foldowns for temp mixes and screenings back to the Recorder.

When everything's finished, I cut a long play together and record into the RMU.

For theatrical it's exactly the same but the RMU is fed via MADI.

My only real advice is be sure to print 2 pops. Delay compensation can get wacky sometimes.