Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2009, 02:14 AM

Default Mp3 Option Expired?

I feel stupid because I should be able to figure this out but since upgrading to Ver8 PT is saying Mp3 Option Expired while 'bounce to disc.' After getting MPT in 7.4 I had to run the installition disc again in modify and click the MP3 option button. The V8 version doesn't seem to have this option. MPT is on my ILok and licensed but still no MP3? Anyone else have this problem?
I want my, I want my, I want my Mp3...
Old 05-08-2009, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Mp3 Option Expired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqstudio View Post
I feel stupid because I should be able to figure this out but since upgrading to Ver8 PT is saying Mp3 Option Expired while 'bounce to disc.' After getting MPT in 7.4 I had to run the installition disc again in modify and click the MP3 option button. The V8 version doesn't seem to have this option. MPT is on my ILok and licensed but still no MP3? Anyone else have this problem?
This just happened to me today as well... I went here

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...7&printview=N&

and reinstalled it... entered my code and off I was again...

The page says:

If you have already purchased an authorization code or iLok license for MP3 Option, you can use that to authorize MP3 Option on Pro Tools 8 (HD, LE, or M-Powered). To install MP3 Option on a Pro Tools 8 system:

Pro Tools 8 DVD Installer
If you have the Pro Tools 8 installation DVD, the MP3 Option installer can be found on the disk here:
Additional Files\Options Installers

Pro Tools 8 Download Installer
If you installed Pro Tools 8 from the downloadable web installer, you will need to download the MP3 Option installer separately from below.

Hope that helps!

God Bless,
http://www.myspace.com/davidglennjr
Old 05-08-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglennjr View Post
This just happened to me today as well... I went here

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...7&printview=N&

and reinstalled it... entered my code and off I was again...

God Bless,

That did the trick bro! I didn't even have to re-enter my code, guess the ILok was enough. God Bless your too!

Now if you can tell me where all those loops went...
Old 05-08-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
That did the trick bro! I didn't even have to re-enter my code, guess the ILok was enough. God Bless your too!

Now if you can tell me where all those loops went...
The loops? the bonus content? man... Did they disappear after you installed the mp3 option again?
http://www.myspace.com/davidglennjr
Old 05-20-2009, 10:04 PM

Thanks for this post!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:31 PM

It seems keeping stuff you paid for working is a full time job!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:54 PM

Cool Re: Mp3 Option Expired?

I have had this same issue (among others). I dearly LOVE PT8 but find that I am incredibly stupid or Digidesign instructional materials, website, and general tutorial information to be the worst I have ever seen ...

The email receipt I received from Digidesign when I purchased the MP3 option said, "MP3 Option -- iLok authorization 8115-*****-** (I substituted asterisks for the last 7 numbers for this posting). However the Digidesign website says "Your MP3 Option authorization code will begin with the letters "CUBS". I searched the email several times and went to the Digidesign website my account and wasted another 2 hours to find this code to no avail. I then went to the iLok website and wasted yet another hour searching there ... nothing

I went into "bounce to MP3" on PT8, and the dialogue box came up for me to enter the authorization code, and it had several boxes for a much longer code...maybe 5 sets of numbers or more. I pasted the code from my receipt into the box and as expected it did nothing.... Can someone help?

I can download and reinstall the MP3 option as suggested above, but not sure this will fix the iLok authorization issue. If I do reinstall will the new version overwrite the existing? (not sure I have an uninstaller)
Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 AM

Did you do as dglennjr suggested? It worked for me!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:

Dude, just convert the .wav to mp3 in iTunes. It is free and easy.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Davo View Post
Dude, just convert the .wav to mp3 in iTunes. It is free and easy.
OK bro, and then I'll put it on my IPod and listen to it through my earbuds! Just kidding...