Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 01-17-2020, 10:47 PM

Default Pro Tools License Locked on start-up

I have Pro Tools 11 installed on Win7 64 on my desktop and my laptop. I've used both by just switching the ilok dongle from one to the other. I had it in my desktop when the primary disc started failing so I did some backing up and ordered a new hard drive and shut my desktop down. When I moved my ilok to my laptop and fired up Pro Tools I got a message that my licence was not valid. I checked the ilok licence manager and it said pro tools was locked and I couldn't use it on two computers. Since when? I fired up my desktop and the ilok manager says pro tools is locked here as well. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ilok and I'm still locked out. I could't find anything out on the ilok site so I thought I'd check over here. Any ideas? Thanks for listening. Victor
Old 01-17-2020, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Locked out of Protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhenshaw View Post
I have Pro Tools 11 installed on Win7 64 on my desktop and my laptop. I've used both by just switching the ilok dongle from one to the other. I had it in my desktop when the primary disc started failing so I did some backing up and ordered a new hard drive and shut my desktop down. When I moved my ilok to my laptop and fired up Pro Tools I got a message that my licence was not valid. I checked the ilok licence manager and it said pro tools was locked and I couldn't use it on two computers. Since when? I fired up my desktop and the ilok manager says pro tools is locked here as well. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ilok and I'm still locked out. I could't find anything out on the ilok site so I thought I'd check over here. Any ideas? Thanks for listening. Victor
First welcome to DUC.

Your post does not seem to really have anything to do with the thread you posted onto. It's an old, fairly incoherent thread. You should in future create a new thread in the best forums section that applies to your problem.

And you have a question about Pro Tools 11 please don't post it to a Pro Tools 12 forum section like this one.

For future use: forum sections are here: http://duc.avid.com/index.php

Click in the best forum link that suits your question, and click the "new Thread" button hidden int he upper part of the page.

For now I'll have one of the moderators try to move this post from this thread to a new one.

Giving the exact text in error messages you saw will get you better help here.

What exactly was the license error message you saw?

What you say license locked what exactly do you mean? -- do you actually mean you see a "locked groups" assets on your iLok. That means a bundle of sub licenses that are locked together. You likely a locked license bundle that includes Pro Tools 10 and 11. That will not have changed. ... or did the license error actually include text saying you can't use this license on two systems? or are you telling us that was the effect you saw?

What *exact* license names are on your iLok of that bundle and inside it (click on the little arrow in the locked group in ILM to show the sub licenses.).

What exact version of Pro Tools 11 is installed? Are you sure this did not get upgraded to Pro Tools 12?

Is your iLok ILM software up to date?/latest version supported on your OS?

Things typically do not not just stop working. Are Windows/Microsoft updates disabled for your system? What other change have been made? When you were tying to back up stuff on the failing system did you try to move or clone things to the laptop?

If no other clues, uninstalling iLM and reinstalling the latest supported version on your OS can sometimes fix all sorts of issues. But most importantly give us the *exact* errors messages, maybe post them as screenshots.

Do you have an iLok ZDT subscription/insurance? (if so I want to make sure your iLok has been seen online by iLok.com recently).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-17-2020 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools License Locked on start-up

Thankfully this got moved to the right forum. Camping on a thread ain't cool. That aside I'd say for the op to open the ILM s/w and resync the physical iLok. Also make sure any power savings measures in Windows are turned off, especially for the USB ports. This is all assuming the iLok didn't get hosed somehow which is why ZDT at $30/year is the cheapest insurance one can have (along with a spare iLok & ZDT on that).

QAPLA!
Old 01-18-2020, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools License Locked on start-up

I moved the two posts to a new thread and renamed the title as it is a PT11 topic

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————