Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2015, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Please Avid We All Really Want You to Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
...and the biggest bully should get your lunch money, right?

I'm in no way defending Avid, but I don't like it when someone says they're not listening (because they are).

There are few official Avid people posting here and lots of "more vocal" people DEMANDING answers to issues that may have not been officially decided yet.

That's where us mods are, between you (us users) and Avid, and the more vocal you are about this the harder it is for us to filter all of that and ask Avid for answers.

Marianna posted on a thread that she will post some answers but then her next comment was (if my memory serves me right) that the thread was moving so fast she couldn't answer them all. So that's the effect of being more vocal. Asking the same question ten times isn't going to produce ten times the answers, it is just making the one answer taking ten times as long to be produced.

We're not fighting here. I just ask you (all of you, but you specifically) to calm down a bit as we're clearly nearing the release date and will have the answers soon enough. Fair enough?
Why is being loud being a bully? And considering Dave's post, MS references, and the over all vagueness that is here we do get carried away.

If it is Marianna's job to be a Customer Advocate, why isn't she being a Customer Advocate?

Maybe the best thing to do is this. AS a mod, you collect questions from us. Let us send them to you. Create a thread that people can't comment on. Let marianna go through then and answer them.

Leave the rest of the threads to let us be loud when we need to be loud. People get upset and want to express their discontent with AVID, and AVID has been very patient to allow us to do that.

So, if you want to be constructive I'll be constructive. How can we, as the users, get heard through all the noise and millions of posts so we can get our questions answered?
And how can you make that happen?

Fair?
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables