Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 PM

Default "The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 48 KHz" error when tr

I copied this from the FAQ's section because it's the exact problem I am having:

"The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 48 KHz" error when trying to open a non-44.1 KHz session in Pro Tools M-Powered.

This will happen when Windows is using the MAudio device as the 'default' sound device.

Go to Start > Control Panel and choose "Sounds and Audio Devices"

Verify that the M-Audio device is not selected as the default device, or the device will be limited to 44.1 KHz."

BUT- what if it's the ONLY thing I have listed in the sounds and audio devices pull-down menu? Yes, there are multiple Delta outs to choose from, but- I tried them all, and haven't had any success. Any suggestions????

WinXP Pro Sp2
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1
Delta 1010lt pci sound card