Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 08:08 PM

Default Need help with Midi on Windows XP usin the Digi002

Hi, I am putting this post to ask anyone in the Protools community how can I setup a USB midi keyboard to work through the Digi002 on a PC? I have the Edirol PCR-80 Midi USB Midi controller and I am trying to use Sampletank XL but to no avail in recording the midi data from the keys themselves, Sampletank works with the mouse on notes but is not receiving midi data when I press the keys on the keyboard. The keyboard works with all the other software sequencers I use easily but not on Protools, I can't find anyway to set it up and its becoming frustrating. I am familiar with midi but for some reason the interface on Protools LE 6.1.1 doesn't show midi interface at all. I even bought regular midi pin cables and connected to the 002 for direct connection, the midi in light blinks on the 002 but still no communication in Setup menu for Midi I/O on Protools or Sampletank, the Midi I/O setup is not even showin up in Protools on PC but i see it in the manual for Mac, but it should still be an option though. I really would like to be able to use Sampletank or just record midi using the Edirol keyboard and I am asking anybody out there if you can please help me out with this. I would greatly appreciate your time in letting me know what to do to fix this. Just to let you know that I am running on Windows XP and I am not seeing any midi I/O option like on a Mac. I know there has to be a way around this because if you can only record usb midi or regular midi in general with a keyboard for PT 6.1.1 only on just Mac and not on a PC then that is really messed up

Pentium4 (2.4Ghz)
Windows XP Home Edition (SP2)
80GB HD
1GB Ram
Digi002
Protools 7.0
Mackie HR-824's