Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2010, 10:28 AM

Default Trying to edit using shuffle mode and lock

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum so hello and thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer. Here is my current problem:

I've just upgraded to Pro Tools 8 from 7 and am using it on a Mac Powerbook G4 running OSX 10.5.8.

I have a question about editing. When I was using PT7 and was editing using the shuffle mode and wanted things further along the tracks not to move around according to what I was doing with one particular bit of audio nearer to the top, I would group the audio that I wanted to remain where it was and lock it and that way it just stayed in place.

Now this no longer seems to work. If I group and lock either across several tracks or just on one stereo track , when I edit the bit of audio nearer to the top, everything further along is still shuffling up or around even though it should be locked in place - the only exceptions are when I am working on a mono track - bits further along stay in place - or likewise when I am working on a stereo track - one leg of it will remain in place but the other leg shuffles along.

If anyone can shed any light about how to lock the audio in place so I can edit and shuffle nearer the top without worrying about all my other stuff shifting around, I'd be really gratefiul to learn how.

Thanks
R