Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2011, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Does 11R come with a full Pro Tools version

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpjr View Post
That's nice for you, but as I said, I have an iMac that I need on Lion for things I do for work so staying with an old version of OS X isn't an option..

I could live with 8LE if Avid would release a driver that doesn't lock up. For example, anything that accesses MIDI hangs - Garage Band, Mainstage, Presonus Studio One - none of them start up. Uninstall 8LE, they load fine. Benoni suggested I try out the 30 day demo of 10 so I downloaded it and upgraded my 8LE with it. Of course I stupidly installed it without an iLok so I couldn't try it out, but all of the programs above all work fine with it loaded. Unistalled 10, reinstalled 8LE and everything locks again. I could even live with a stand alone preset editor but that looks like a pipe dream as well. I think I will probably end up just loading an old laptop with XP or Windows 7 on it and install 8LE on that for messing around with presets. It's a pain in the rear, but will allow me to use my iMac with other programs again.
Rich, what version of PTLE 8 are you using? It's more a question of curiosity, really... According to the Avid website, PTLE 8.03 is compatible with Lion, as long as Patch 003 is installed:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=353265

"Mac OS X Lion Compatibility
Please Note: Pro Tools 9.0.4 and all earlier versions of Pro Tools software are not compatible and will not work with OS X Lion. With the followign exception: Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 with Patch 003."

This leads me to believe that 8.05 would also be compatible, but I have no experience with it myself - I went from PTLE 8.05 to PT 9.02, then 9.06, and THEN upgraded to Lion.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:39 AM

I am using 8.05
Old 12-25-2011, 02:10 PM

Expansion pack requires 8.04 or higher doesn't it?
Old 12-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Rich, what version of PTLE 8 are you using? It's more a question of curiosity, really... According to the Avid website, PTLE 8.03 is compatible with Lion, as long as Patch 003 is installed:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=353265

"Mac OS X Lion Compatibility
Please Note: Pro Tools 9.0.4 and all earlier versions of Pro Tools software are not compatible and will not work with OS X Lion. With the followign exception: Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 with Patch 003."

This leads me to believe that 8.05 would also be compatible, but I have no experience with it myself - I went from PTLE 8.05 to PT 9.02, then 9.06, and THEN upgraded to Lion.
That link you gave and the quote says 'SE' not LE

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-30-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
According to Avid if you buy a bundle with PT LE then you are not eligible for the free upgrade to PT10, and i have not seen anything that says you will get the ERXP for free if its not already pre-installed.

Send it back. And order from Sweetwater.

How much were they selling it for? Its $899 at Sweetwater and specifies that the ERXP and PT10 are included.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElevenRack/
Hi Benoni!

Just to let you guys know - although I might've been lucky. I just registered (about a week ago) an Eleven Rack that came with ProTools LE 8.0, I used the registration card included and the registration page recognized my product as "Eleven Rack w/8". I knew about what you mentioned so I didn't expect any free upgrade.

However, about 1 week later, I received an email from Avid telling me they wanted me to have the latest updates on my product and they sent me 2 activation codes, one for ProTools 10 and another one for the Expansion Pack. I was really surprised.

Maybe I should feel more happy about it... but I can't help feeling a little frustrated with the fact that no much time ago I purchased both the ERXP and PT10 upgrades for another unit I bought one year ago. Anyway, Avid is giving these upgrades to recently purchased old units - or maybe just to a few lucky ones.

Cheers,

Francisco

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Pro Tools Ultimate (perpetual with active updates/support plan)
RME Fireface 802, Focusrite Clarett+ Octopre, Eleven Rack (ERXP)
Monitors: Yamaha MSP7 and Yamaha HS8S
Asus RoG Maximus Hero Z790 (in a 4U slidable rack mount! )
Intel Core i9-13900k 5.4 Ghz (16 cores / 32 threads)
128 GB RAM G.Skill DDR5 6000 MHz (4 modules 32GB each)
Boot disk: Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB
Media disks: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB in RAID 0 for current work, 2 x Seagate Exos X20 20TB mirrored for archive and backup
Video: PNY/Nvidia RTX 3080 TI with a single 4K display Dell U3223QE 32''
Old 12-30-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarabozo View Post
Hi Benoni!

Just to let you guys know - although I might've been lucky. I just registered (about a week ago) an Eleven Rack that came woth ProTools LE 8.0, I used the registration card included and the registration page recognized my product as "Eleven Rack w/8". I knew about what you mentioned so I didn't expect any free upgrade.

However, about 1 week later, I received an email from Avid telling me they wanted me to have the latest updates on my product and they sent me 2 activation codes, one for ProTools 10 and another one for the Expansion Pack. I was really surprised.

Maybe I should feel more happy about it... but I can't help feeling a little frustrated with the fact that no much time ago I purchased both the ERXP and PT10 upgrades for another unit I bought one year ago. Anyway, Avid is giving these upgrades to recently purchased old units - or maybe just to a few lucky ones.

Cheers,

Francisco
Interesting post. Thanks for the information, I have not seen anything posted about a change in free upgrade policy for old bundles. Maybe you got lucky, maybe they are keeping it hush hush as to not piss off people who bought the crossgrade already, or maybe they changed the policy.

Will be interesting to see if anyone else will get the free upgrade and ERXP with the purchase of an old bundle..... If they do I may just run out and get another 11R, I can get the old bundle extremely cheap.

Maybe DTS or Chris could direct me to a link where the new upgrade policy is posted - if there is a new policy.

For those who don't know, here is the current free upgrade policy:

Quote:
Q: I just purchased a Pro Tools System or v9 Upgrade, do I qualify for a free upgrade?

A: You’re eligible to receive a complimentary upgrade to Pro Tools 10 or Pro Tools HD 10 if you've done one of the following:

Purchased and registered a full version of Pro Tools 9 software—or an Avid product that included Pro Tools 9 or Pro Tools HD 9 software—on or after October 1, 2011. (register your purchase).

Purchased a Pro Tools 9 upgrade or crossgrade, or a Pro Tools HD 9 upgrade, on or between October 1–20, 2011.

If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary copy of Pro Tools 10 software.

Note: If you purchased a product that included Pro Tools LE, you are not eligible to receive a complimentary Pro Tools 10 crossgrade

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...ools_System_or
And they state the same thing on the Eleven Rack page on the Avid site:

Quote:
Do I qualify for a free upgrade?

You’re eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10 if you purchased and registered an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 9 on or after October 1, 2011 (register your purchase). If you qualify, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to get your free upgrade.
http://www.avid.com/US/products/eleven-rack_2

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-02-2012, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
That link you gave and the quote says 'SE' not LE
So it does. Thank you - I stand corrected. Sorry if my mis-read confused anyone. :)