Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-09-2019, 02:23 PM

Default software problem on Mac OS X.7 (Lion)

We (finally) replaced our hackintosh which was running old HD|Accel software, but still couldn't justify the expense of upgrading the hardware to be compatible with PT 11+, so we got a refurbished "cheese grater" Mac Pro, put in the PCIe cards, installed Mac OS Lion on one partition (so we can run PT 9 HD sometimes, which is what I'm doing right now). All is working very well, including all the plugins I need for print mastering, except the EuControl software. I've tried v3.7 and get a Network configuration error which makes no sense (same configuration as we were using on the hackintosh last week), so I thought maybe I needed v3.6.x and downloaded that, but apparently that's only for PowerPCs. (Which we still have as shelfware, and I even tried mastering on PT 7.4, but that wasn't going to work.)

Any clue as to what's going on here? (I'll post pictures of the error message and our network configuration control panel from my phone in a minute.)
Old 05-09-2019, 02:29 PM

Default Re: software problem on Mac OS X.7 (Lion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTor View Post
pictures of the error message and our network configuration control panel from my phone

Ah. I need to open a facebook account with tapatalk to do that. Not gonna happen right now. The error from EuCon 3.7 is:

Quote:
Network Configuration Alert

EUCON networks ervices could not be started

There was a problem with the current network configuration that could not be resolved. Please check your network settings and connections and try again. If that doesn't work, lease quit and then restart your computer.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:32 PM

Default Re: software problem on Mac OS X.7 (Lion)

The network control panel is probably not all that useful actually. It's just set to DHCP, as are the Artist controllers (one Mix and one Control) and all are on the same subnet in the building (and all confirmed to be pulling the same IP up to the last digits which are the unique ones to each device on our subnet).