Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 AM

Smile Re: Cedar dns one hasp key issue

I thought I did, I'm willing to try it again that's for sure.

ill keep you posted.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 08-26-2012, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Cedar dns one hasp key issue

Follow up regarding distortion issue when using LM setting:

I trashed absolutely everthing regarding CEDAR, prefs, caches etc....in user library and main root library.

Problem seems to still exist. When I put the CEDAR into the LM mode the moment I raise the threshold when all the other faders are down it starts to give me crackle. It's worse on certain types of material than on others. I've fiddled with every parameter that's available in the mode and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Major drag cause the LOW MID setting is great for removing tons of scrap in that frequency range.

I'll have to notify CEDAR, this could strictly be limited to the Mcabook pro I'm using or not.
coryrizos.com
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 AM

could not make it happen here in l&M Mode.

works as exspected
Old 08-27-2012, 01:02 PM

^ What's I&M mode?

DNS One is most prone of any of my (very many) plug-ins to stop working after any OSX updates or other changes in my system. It's a pity, because it's one of my most needed plug-ins. Sometimes I miss my DNS2000.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM

"L&M" Mode is the Low+Mid selector on the DNS ONE specifically affects frequencies between 20Hz and 6kHz.

I'ld love to hear back from more folks using the new DNS ONE update whether their experiencing crackly audio when passing audio thru in the L&M mode.

I'm wondering if this is somehow related to my hasp key? Or is this MacBook pro related?
coryrizos.com
Old 09-03-2012, 07:54 PM

The good folks at CERAR have sent me a new HASP key in an effort to hopefully solve my recurring HASP KEY disconnect issue. I'm crossing my fingers this solves it.
Cheers
coryrizos.com
Old 09-03-2012, 09:27 PM

Have you tied a powered USB hub? Also I was having the clicking/crackling issue as well and 4.3 solved the issue 100% for me. When I was having the cracking issue, I could disable and the enable the plug in to make it stop. Hope this help.
Best
Brandon
Old 09-21-2012, 06:27 AM

follow up: the great folks at CEDAR swapped the HASP Key for a new one, (I'm not sure whats different since the last time they did that for me), nevertheless all timeout issue seem to be fully resolved.

Cheers
coryrizos.com
Old 02-07-2016, 02:44 PM

Just came across a new error... Hasp Sentinel Runtime SRM error message when launching protools.. ( This is happening on a Mac mini with an Elgato hub attached) I discovered that the hasp key wasn't being seen when the elgato thunderbolt device was attached... Apparently there are thunderbolt and hasp key issues which cedar is aware of... I came across this error months back when trying to run a deck link black magic card via a thunderbolt chassis... I abandoned the whole idea of doing this since I kept getting the same error regardless of installing a new sentinel driver nothing changed.... CEDAR input to the whole issue was nominal. Apperantly this is all due to the hasp key copy protection software where iloks don't cause this issue at all.
I've been I touch with CEDAR tech support and I was told the standard story: "it's not us but the 3rd party peripheral driver" .. However what's truly interesting is the Elgato doesn't need a driver, it's built into to mac OS!! Same foe all the other thunderbolt devices I ha e attached.. I was later informed I'm not alone experiencing this issue and according to text support there is a NEW HASP KEY that supposedly resolves this issue.... However I'd have to pay for the new key....

What I find irksome is that they know the issue exists... They Never send out bulletins to end users and then want us to pay for a new key... Without may I add, a guarantee this will resolve the issue... Anyways I'll keep you posted as to what happens and how it goes down... Perhaps it's a $30 fix which I'll be happy to pay for a new key without issues or maybe not
coryrizos.com

Last edited by Cryos; 02-08-2016 at 02:39 PM.