Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM

Hi.
I recently re-formatted my computer and set-up MacOS Snow Leopard. I also updated to Pro-Tools 8 while i was at it (i'm currently running the 8.1 pre-release). Since i've recently bought some sweet outboard stuff i decided to start using my DIGI002 again at home. Now, for the first time i'm trying to use the midi input.

The midi light on the rack blinks when i press notes (on a Roland PAD-8 octapad), so that's definitely working.

But none of my audio programs (PT8, Ableton Suite 8) give me the option of a Digi002 as a midi input.
If i go to Audio MIDI setup, it has my Digi002 in there, so it's definitely installed, but it says that the device is not online - even though it's plugged in and audio is working fine.

see here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/681540/Scree...05.53%20AM.png
(My trigger finger is working fine even though its grey there, it's just not plugged in :) )

I should mention that i don't know if it was working before i setup my computer from scratch, as i haven't used my digi rack for a long time.

Also, other MIDI devices work fine.

Can anyone help?
Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 PM

I have just tried deleting midi stuff from user/library/preferences and restarting. that did not help.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:50 AM

Any answers to this yet?

I just upgraded from 10.4.10 to 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard). I also upgraded from PT LE 7.4 to 8.0.3cs1.

The Audio MIDI Setup app shows my Digi 002 greyed out. When I get the info on the device, I am unable to select or change anything except the name of the device.

I have tried creating a new device. The problem is when I select Digidesign as the Manufacturer, the only option for the model field is PRE???

Help???
Old 03-04-2010, 10:59 PM

My Digi002 is still not recognized (greyed out) in Audio MIDI Setup.

I completed the steps recommended by DigiTechSupt:

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences>By Host and trash 'com.apple.midi.a bunch of numbers and letters.plist'.

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences and trash 'com.apple.audio.audiomidisetup.plist'.

Empty the trash and restart, then see if everything is working.

I've also completed the following steps recommended by DigiTechSupt:

Trash the following preference files:

1. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.apple.systempreferences.plist (delete this file)
2. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.apple.audio.AudioMIDISetup.plist (delete this file)
3. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.digidesign.CoreAudioManager.plist (delete this file)
4. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > ByHost > com.apple.systempreferences.xxxxxxxxxxxx.plist (delete this file)

Empty the trash, restart and test again.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Avid

Are you making sure to have the 002 on before you boot up your computer?

Can you give us more info on your system, how everything is connected and configured, etc?
Old 03-05-2010, 04:42 PM

I am having the same problem.

I am running an iMac intel with snow leopard 10.6.2, PT 803, a DIGI 002, and a Korg OASYS plugged into the MIDI I/0 of the 002

I also have a MIDI SPORT 4x4 that is not working - I read something about it not getting enough bus power from this iteration of the iMac
Old 03-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhuling View Post
I am having the same problem.

I am running an iMac intel with snow leopard 10.6.2, PT 803, a DIGI 002, and a Korg OASYS plugged into the MIDI I/0 of the 002

I also have a MIDI SPORT 4x4 that is not working - I read something about it not getting enough bus power from this iteration of the iMac
Have you done any of the above troubleshooting steps?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:25 PM

yes, I have done all the steps recommended above, as well as a clean reinstall of PT
Old 04-04-2010, 09:57 AM

New user here. Have had a Digi 002 Rack for sometime now. Used to use it in Windows but over the years I've switched to OS X. I'm having the same problems you guys are having here but even a little bit further back unfortunately.

When I run the Audio MIDI Setup program I see nothing in the MIDI windows except for IAC Driver and Network. My 002 Rack does not show up at all. I'm using Pro Tools 8.3, I've also tried installing the newest update cs2 and nothing. I've tried with and without the MIDI cable plugged in which is currently hooked up to a Technics PX103 digital piano. I have an M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro at home that I haven't tried yet which uses USB MIDI. My hopes is that will work but does not solve my current problem with the Technics.

I've also tried running the MIDI IO Setup.app and MIDI IO Firmware Updater to see if I can get anything to show up and those two programs doesn't even recognize the 002 Rack.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciate, I'm running out of things to try...

System is a White Macbook (First Generation) 2.0 GHz, 2GB 667 MHz RAM running 10.6.2 Snow Leopard. Was going to update to 10.6.3 but I noticed there is no 'official' support of that version yet.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:15 PM

Has anybody figured out how to get the DIGI 002 to show up in the audio midi setup?? I'm running a digi 002 linked to an apogee rosetta via spdif. When I run the apogee straight to the computer via firewire, it gets recognized immediately and my midi devices work correctly. But the DIGI does not get recognized. I know a few of you are having the same problem. Any insight/solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.