Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Token Byte Errors on Vr. 6.9.2cs2 & Pro Control

Anyone got ideas? I've been posting for a few weeks now about token byte errors 20, 32, 82, 128 along with -9155 errors (automation too dense) with Pro Control on 6.9.2cs2. If I pace a track in record and proceed to use the flip button and make a volume change or no change at all, everything comes to an end. The recording pass stops and Im locked up in Tools. Finder still works. I have to force quit tools and restart the G5. I've done clean installs of 6.9.1, 6.9.2. cs1, cs2. Placed the famous old TokenSizes.txt.rtf file in my applications folder > Digidesign > Pro Tools. I've increased the 82:1000 up to 82:2000. No airport or Blue Tooth running or additional ethernet aside from the Pro Control. My ethernet hub is by Netgear. The rig will crash every time I use the flip button in record (changing cue mixes...) If I don't restart after the Pro Tools force quit I will see a kernel Panic. I was seeing the flex cable connection errors (they could be bypassed with a restart) but those stopped a few weeks ago. I tried removing all the Controllers files from the Digidesign > Pro Tools file (except Pro Control) this did nothing. If I mess with a send volume via my mouse (not Pro Control) and then use flip on the Pro Control I seem to get the errors faster than if I don't mouse but just flip. Why is pro tools seeing a send volume move during a record pass without a automation mode running as a -9155 error? I can also be in Quick punch and have the same issues. I did not have an issue with these errors prior to OS 10.4 and 6.9. Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated. Digidesign, I don't know what else to do. Please let me know if you are even looking into this matter. When I speak with tech support no one has any other suggestions beyond reinstalling the machine. This has not helped. I know Erik (see TDM mac posts - Token byte errors...) sent in his G5 and Magmas in for testing. Hopefully this will shed some light on things. Is there a possible conflict with the Pro Control firmware and the new pro tools consoles? Im waiting for Apple to rebuild my first generation G5 dual 2 that failed. Once thats done I can go back to 10.3.8 and 6.7 where I had no problems. This really looks like a bug with 6.9 and or Tiger! It seems odd that after all this time with the pro control running smooth (same firmware from 2002) it has problems when a new line of consoles comes out. Im not suggesting anything other than a software conflict...

Im running an HD 4 Accel, vr. 6.9.2cs2, Magma 64 bit E.C. with a G5 dual 2.7 (second generation pre loaded w/ Tiger (no way back to Panther), 1 gig ram, (1) sync, (2) 192 i/o, Emagic Unitor 8, Pro Control 24 channels, Navidea G Force 6800 graphics card with dual 30" apple displays. Just about every available plugin, Disk Warrior, Retrospect AIT2 Bup, Jam 6, Primera Bravo w/Discus RE 3.06B, Lacie d2 FW drives, Kensington Expert Mouse with Mouseworks software.

Please, if there is anyone else seeing these token errors along with the -9155... speak up! At this point I know of two other studios see this!
Luker[at]acaciarecording[dot]com
Studio 301-703-0035
Old 09-04-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Token Byte Errors on Vr. 6.9.2cs2 & Pro Control

I had some token ( 32 byte ) errors and i suspect wavesplugins to have caused them due to DAE level settings.
Most of the times it involved session very dense with edits automation and lots of audiochannels ( more than 60 )
I'd also had them in combination with dae ( automation )errors. You could try to increase your DAE level and/or raise your amount of RAM. Evrsince i did this i never saw this token error again....If you got about all available plugins installed you will need a serious amount of RAM. At least 1.5 Gb

My rig is PT Accel HD4 , Digidesign 13 slot Expchassis,Atto UL3D,ProControl 32 faders/editpack, PT 6.9.2cs2 , Waves diamondbundle and about the same amount of other manufacturers more, G5 dual 2, Mac OSX 10.4.2....i use dae level 4 most of the times and sometimes level 8 if i end up with 80 or more audiochannels.

But what i see with 6.9.2cs2 is unexpected crashes with an unknown cause. Very often this result in a preference reset Like; quickpunch crossfade length reste to zero, pagescroll behaviour reset to factory, DAE level reset to 2 ( factory ) etcetra this puzzles me.....
Old 09-06-2005, 02:45 AM

6.9.3cs1 has fixed the problem for me.
Just a small bug focussing the joysticks.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:51 AM

Anything new about the joystick issue? It's not fixed with new cs version, isn't it?
Becomes more and more annoying during big Surround-Mixes.