How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2016, 03:20 PM

Default Configuring My Playback Device

Hey Gang,

Need a bit of help. My pro-Tools rig has been in storage for a bit due to a move. I am now ready to get ti working again. My issue is this, I power up my Digi002 rack and launch Pro-Tools. As the the program is loading, it gets to the playback device initialization and it hangs up and I get the following dialogue box, "Pro Tools could not initialize the current payback device. Please make sure that the device is configured correctly." There is a nothing but an "OK" button to click. Now I have experienced this before years ago and recall and key combination on the keyboard that would shortcut me to the configuration screen. All I had to do was get to that screen and the device would auto configure from the previous settings.

Does anybody know this ket combination? It used to be Apple key+ some letter bit I have tried them all and no luck.

Thanks in advance,

Derek
Old 05-30-2016, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Configuring My Playback Device

No information about your Pro Tools version, computer hardware, OS version, 002 driver version or anything else. Pretty hard for anybody to guess this stuff. Start at the "Help Us Help You" link up the top of this Web page, and provide information expected there.

On any recent version of Pro Tools. Start up Pro Tools and hold down the 'N' key and keep it held down until the playback engine dialog appears and select the 002 there. Make sure you have 002 drivers installed compatible with your OS version, and that the systems (in audio/midi setup) or other software is not configured to use the 002.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Configuring My Playback Device

Thanks Darryl! That was just the information I needed. Couldn't remember the key sequence and I knew somebody here would. This has always been a great forum!

Thanks again,
Derek