Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2012, 09:38 PM

Sorry meant insert mode use the a/b/c buttons to go between eq and comp whatnot

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-20-2012, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Second hand Pro Control, is it a good option?

Yes, that's the way I work the Command8, it's not bad.
I actually haven't ever tried the D-Command, but I believe that it will be faster to work with because of dedicated knobs for eq and comps.
What do you mean by saying " I find it far quicker to work on when your not banking tracks than the d command. "? I don't understand it.
As for the lot of midi controllers, they only ones I've seen are the M-Audio Axiom Pro (I have the 1st generation Maudio Axiom, so it doesnt work), and...... none else!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Second hand Pro Control, is it a good option?

Quote:
Actually I don't even care about faders. I always set them to Zero, and set the volume from my plugins. There is a series of reasons I prefer to work like that, but there's no point into getting any further into that.
You got your answer. The biggest quality of the pro-control are, the faders. We still use one and it is very good for quick level premix but no so good when using plugins, EQ, dyn etc...

But I would recommend the pro-control to anybody looking for the best faders and joystick (edit pack) at a cheap price.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/