Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Banned

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 64bit public beta

Myeh; it's working, i'm still fiddling just gotta add that pultec and now it's sounding alot brighter!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheone View Post
Myeh; it's working, i'm still fiddling just gotta add that pultec and now it's sounding alot brighter!
Wow, you can throw pultecs at things and make them better? They really knew how to make them! =D

In all seriousness, my desire to use Pro Tools stably, and insufficient funds to get an HD system and a Mac Pro, are eventually going to convert me to male Wicca.
Being able to cast a spell on whatever machine - and make it work reliably forever with Pro Tools - is a very powerful attractive.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Banned

It's the pultec bundle (rtas) I was speaking of. Anyway; my goal was to get it up and running; and I have.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:06 PM

I tried Win 7 RC 64 bit with my 2626. It was a bit of a kludge to get the Vista 64 bit drivers installed as I had to extract the files and search them instead of just using the EXE file (the driver package was aware that I was not using Vista 64 and refused to install), but the 2626 worked. also had issues installing the PACE/I-Lok drivers, but finally got it done. PT on the other hand was a no-go. I am using an older AMD 64x2 3800 on an Asus A8V which may have something to do with it, but PT 8 is working top-notch on this machine under XP Pro SP3.

My son's laptop recently bit the dust (17" HP Core Duo for $1500) just a week out of warranty due to a failed Nvidia 8600GSM video chipset. (This thing was baby'd, never buy HP again. Many models with this video chipset received a 2 year warranty extension, but not this one ?????). I had to assemble a new desktop for him since he starts college this coming week. I went with a newer 65 watt AMD 64x2 5400 AM2, 4 gig of ram and MSI AM2+ motherboard. We decided to put Win 7 RC 64bit on it and the thing screams. I'm temped to try PT on it for hoots & giggles, but I will more than likely wait for a legitimate PT 64bit Win 7 release and just get me an I7 machine. At least things are looking promising.

Is there actually a Win 7 64bit driver available from M-Audio? I took a quick look on their website and couldn't find one.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 08-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Banned

The Win 7 64 drivers (beta) are in the M-audio forums (the driver contains both 32 and 64 bit); there's a specific section in the forums; here's the link:

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?t=9645

You cannot download the driver until you are registered to the forums and confirmed.

Let me know how it turns out; it's working flawless for me right now, Problem is that reaper and propellerheads record got my ear (and eyes) while I was troubleshooting PTMP 8 and it's hard for me to get back into and appreciate protools after using the other programs.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
The Win 7 64 drivers (beta) are in the M-audio forums (the driver contains both 32 and 64 bit); there's a specific section in the forums; here's the link:

You cannot download the driver until you are registered to the forums and confirmed.

Let me know how it turns out; it's working flawless for me right now, Problem is that reaper and propellerheads record got my ear (and eyes) while I was troubleshooting PTMP 8 and it's hard for me to get back into and appreciate protools after using the other programs.
How come M-Powered owners have better access to beta testing and development releases, than LE and HD users?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
How come M-Powered owners have better access to beta testing and development releases, than LE and HD users?
Wuh oh....... I see a big debate about to pop-off!!!!

Myeh; they're just drivers and it's in m-audios best interest because they were/are still sort of independent from Protools software. It's not their fault that everyone else besides avid and digidesign has moved forward with 64 bit software support.

Ask yourself why even with the profire 2626 (24 bit 192khz capable) you'll be limited to 24 bit 96khz recording with PTMP 8 and crippled with NO support for all the I/O of the 2626..............
Old 08-16-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Wuh oh....... I see a big debate about to pop-off!!!!

Myeh; they're just drivers and it's in m-audios best interest because they were/are still sort of independent from Protools software. It's not their fault that everyone else besides avid and digidesign has moved forward with 64 bit software support.
Nah, I'm sorry. That's dodging the question. I want to see Digidesign's reply on this.
It's very dishonest and mean to the other customers, that THEY don't get to play any part in beta testing and using development releases.

There's no way around that.
If they weren't doing it at ALL, they could argue that they don't have the infrastructure or support to pull that off, so they just focus on development...
But they are doing it. Why? Is the M-Audio division better managed than the others?
Old 08-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Banned

M-audio is primarily hardware. Avid/digidesign acquired m-audio and made an mpowered version of protools. I'm sure maudio retained their rights to continue to operate independently from avid/digidesign; otherwise there wouldn't be a profire 626 or 610. It's avid/digidesign crippling hardware and software features between ptmp and the profire.

If avid/digidesign were on the same page as m-audio we would be beta testing protools on 64 bit systems......
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:

Thanx for the link. According to your sig it's apparent that you're running Win 7 64 bit. Do you have PT 8 M-Powered working in that environment?

Yeah, Reaper 3 is looking good. I just resurrected my Gigastudio machine and put Reaper 3 on as a midi sequencer for it in a standalone configuration. Still a big learning curve as I'm not a keyboard player and have limited midi experience. Thanx again.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6