How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2023, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Setup IO Headphoned

Thanks guys and gals

Let’s try and word things in a more possitive manner and good that you started a new own thread.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-02-2023, 08:17 AM

It was an understandable mistake to assume your problem might be the same as this thread, but it is not related, I tried pointing that out to you while still offering you help. And asked in future if you could avoid posting to other users unrelated threads.

I offered you help. I included enough info likely would help you get going if you followed it. And clarified what info we would need to be sure. Most of which you have not provided.

But judging from your other thread all this is because you are at some school that very unwisely/incompetently recommended to students use Pro Tools on Windows PCs using ASIO4ALL. And I’m guessing even worse you are trying to aggregate a USB or Bluetooth headphone through ASIO4ALL. And that is super flakey at best, and very well may not be supported by different interface sample rates supported by that hardware/drivers.

This is all a terrible idea, you should be following up with the school for help since they recommended using the ASIO4ALL mess. It does not matter that your headphones or other components work OK in other applications, Pro Tools is using ASIO, those other applications are all likely accessing the devices via WDM drivers… what ASIO4ALL wraps in this case. But WDM has a boat load of issues, why Pro Tools and other DAWS use ASIO in the first place.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-02-2023 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:40 AM

Hello, ΏHow's everybody doing? So... I connected the headphones before opening Pro Tools and I/O did no recognized them, although I open the help window and when I closed it, made a sound I could lisyon the headphones. So there is something I am missing, don't know where though. Headphones works properly in Logic Pro. Again... don't know what is missing.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:08 AM

Andres

Can you tell us exactly what make/model headphones you have.

Confirm you are connecting to the 3.5mm headphone socket built into the Mac

Open Audio MIDI Setup.app on your Mac and then insert the headphone plug into the Mac. You should see something similar to the headphones appearing in the attached screenshot. (That's macOS Sonoma and bits of the UI/naming may have changed). The headphones should disappear from audio midi setup when you unplug the headphones. Leave them plugged in.

Now start Pro Tools. Hold down the 'N' key while Pro Tools starts, a playback engine dialog will eventually appear. In that dialog select those headphones as the playback engine. Click OK. And when Pro Tools has started go to Setup>IO>{input, output, bus} and on each page click on the [DEFAULT] button. You should now have a headphone output named correctly and be able to use that in the output IO selector on a track to hear the output in your headphones.

All you have done here is brute force/properly set this up to work. Please confirm this works for you. The thread I posted earlier tells you how you can simplify doing this, and avoid unplugging the headphone causing problems. Try to look over that again and if it does not make sense ask. But do all the above first so we know you have a working setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 11.02.49 AM.jpg (44.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-05-2023 at 11:37 AM.