Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2002, 12:41 AM

Default some general PT questions

1) i have f.ex drumsounds , placed in quartes , tempo f.ex 110 . now i change the tempo f.ex to 120 . how do i tell the drumregions to stay on their destination meassures ??? is there a way to quantize audiofiles ( pt 5.01 ) .
2) rerecording a track takes how many samples ???
3) a insert takes how many samples ???
4) is there a add on tool where i can load my sounds and AS plugs into and tell it f.ex ...
soundfile a-d processing with pluginchain xy
soundfile e-g processing with pluginchain xx
( worklists ... )
if not it NEEDS to be programed !!! ( cant be that hard )
5) how to configure the mac running PT AUDIO & LOGIC MIDI ??? if running 2 MACS will those programms exchange infos f.ex looped selection ( via machine control ) ??? someones doing it ???
6) if i have f.ex a bassdrum cutted during the whole song , is there a way to tell PT to place a f.ex a second sound on every bass drum hit ??? or still doing it manual ???
7) is there a shortcut for creating new playlists for the whole session . lets say 20 tracks , i press a key and all the tracks appear in a new playlist ??? or do i have to create playlists manual for every single track ???
8) if i have a region f.ex a drumloop is there a way to cut the whole thing in 16th with one click ??? ( depending on the session tempo ).
works in logic !!! works in pt ???
9) can a 2 or 3 buttoned mouse be configured to controll f.ex the toolchanges etc ???

i know some of this is in the manual , but i know some of you guys have some great tips . so please respond . i am fine with PT just trying to find a way to make it FASTER [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

thx you , merry christmas