Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Storage Subsystems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2001, 10:54 AM

Default More Firewire Formatting/Performance Woes - Anybody got Atto working with Firewire?

Problem with some similarity to previous Firewire topic:

I just installed two Fantom 60G Firewire drives. Ran the Radialogic drivers to get started. Open up System Profiler and there they are. Drive Setup doesn't recognize them?!? Tried transferring sessions to them with Finder and the system locks up after a few minutes. Did a copy command with Retrospect which works but only goes .4MBps!! Something's goofy.

Where's the bottleneck? OS 9.0.4? Firewire 2.5? Atto DC SCSI card that's handling the transfer from the Cheetahs to the G4? Hmmmmm. Suggestions welcome.

Anybody got Atto DC SCSI working with Firewire? What OS/Firewire Version/Atto ROM Version you running on what kind of system?

Considering moving to 9.1 and loading the latest 9.2 Firewire driver (2.8.?). Then see if latest Apple Drive Setup will recognize the Firewires and re-init with that.

Audiobotica

-------------------------------
System details:
Mix Plus 5.1 - 882 IO
Sawtooth / OS 9.0.4 / 400Mhz / 512M RAM / Firewire 2.5 driver / Atto Express PCI DC UW SCSI card w/latest 1.64 ROM
Glyph Trip rack w/ (2) 18G (1) 9G Seagate Cheetah Drives (1) Sony DDS4 DAT (Sony doesn't work reliably, long wrangling with Glyph/Sony/cleaning did not resolve)
(1) 75G ATA IBM Deskstar (internal SFX server)
(2) 60G Firewire Fantom Drives (for external backup only, not audio drives)
Old 12-11-2001, 07:12 AM

Default Re: More Firewire Formatting/Performance Woes - Anybody got Atto working with Firewire?

Move to 9.1 and loading the latest 9.2 Firewire drivers (2.8.4). This worked for me. You can also contact ATTO, they have been working on the driver for the SCSI card. I have not tried the beta driver with my system since they emailed it to me. The OS9.1/FW 2.8.4 driver set-up had been working great. If you need the FW 2.8.4 drivers let me know.

-Frank