Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2010, 05:50 PM

Default Re: CORRECTION: Adat Device doesnt playback audio during Recording or Playback

Quote:
Originally Posted by otobot View Post
Next you'll ask if Pro Tools is started, right?
No, did you plug it in?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Default Re: CORRECTION: Adat Device doesnt playback audio during Recording or Playback

i'm pretty sure i know exactly what's going on. in protools 8.01 and before, the inputs in the i/o manager went analog, adat, spdif. in 8.03 (or maybe just the 8.04 beta drivers) they changed them to go analog, spdif, adat, but if you had a custom setup it didn't rearrange things accordingly so you had to manually rearrange things every time you opened a session that had been created

in 8.04 they went back to the normal layout, which means every session had to be switched back. it's been an awkward couple of weeks because every time i open a session and don't get any output it takes me a minute to remember what's going wrong.

in short, you need to open your i/o setup and rearrange the adat and spdif inputs and outputs and you should be golden.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binty View Post
No, did you plug it in?
Oooh, thought we were in the wireless age

Quote:
Originally Posted by wertt View Post
i'm pretty sure i know exactly what's going on. in protools 8.01 and before, the inputs in the i/o manager went analog, adat, spdif. in 8.03 (or maybe just the 8.04 beta drivers) they changed them to go analog, spdif, adat, but if you had a custom setup it didn't rearrange things accordingly so you had to manually rearrange things every time you opened a session that had been created

in 8.04 they went back to the normal layout, which means every session had to be switched back. it's been an awkward couple of weeks because every time i open a session and don't get any output it takes me a minute to remember what's going wrong.

in short, you need to open your i/o setup and rearrange the adat and spdif inputs and outputs and you should be golden.
Hm, that's different from my issue then because It happened with the Analog 1/2 outputs at my end.
Also couldn't reproduce the problem so I hope it's gone for good (like the distorted sound I had in the first session after the 8.04 update).
Old 07-21-2010, 11:15 PM

well, i have the problem bad... i cant even get the 8.03 back on there comfortably... better yet, i cant even get the 8.04 Drivers to load without getting the Blue screen during setup

I have been dealing with installing and reinstalling all day... tomorrow, im purchasing that Acronis True Image!!! in the AM
Old 07-21-2010, 11:16 PM

i have seen all types of error messages today, lol