Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 05-01-2013, 04:27 PM

Default Replacement Parts for Command8

Does anyone know whether Avid sells repair parts for the Command8 to consumers? The on/off switch on my unit broke yesterday (the plastic part). I went to the Avid site to try to find how to order a part, all I found was a list of authorized repair centers (none in my city). Emailed the nearest one and it came back undeliverable.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Replacement Parts for Command8

Update: I was able to remove the broken switch by first removing the bottom cover of the Command8. The 4 wires attached to the switch were removed with a pair of needle nose pliers. Connected via spade terminals, not soldered. I temporarily bypassed the switch by connecting the red to red, blue to blue. Plugged the power supply connector back in and I am back in business. The switch itself has a manufacturer name and model #, so I should be able to find one locally.

But if anyone knows whether Avid sells repair parts, I would still like to know.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:14 PM

I'm pretty sure you will still need to go through a Service Center for parts.
Just contact a few you should get through to one.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:16 PM

Update #2: Went to a local electronics parts store this afternoon and found a similar, but not exact on/off switch. The original was 4 poles, the new one is 6 poles (same size). With a multimeter I figured out which were the pairs, and connected the blue and red wires accordingly. Total cost $3.95.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
Update: I was able to remove the broken switch by first removing the bottom cover of the Command8. The 4 wires attached to the switch were removed with a pair of needle nose pliers. Connected via spade terminals, not soldered. I temporarily bypassed the switch by connecting the red to red, blue to blue. Plugged the power supply connector back in and I am back in business. The switch itself has a manufacturer name and model #, so I should be able to find one locally.

But if anyone knows whether Avid sells repair parts, I would still like to know.
Oh my! Thank you forums gods!!!! I am in the same city (Houston) and this same exact problem happened to me yesterday. First of all I am happy to hear you say they are not soldered. I too also took out the bottom cover but then I tried removing the wires with my hands and that did not work. I'll get needle nose pliers and give it a shot tonight when I get home.

Could be please give a little more detail on what to do from here, red wire to red what? and blue wire to blue what?

Thank you!!!!