Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-16-2009, 06:20 PM

Default 2 versions of protools installed!! Help!

I went to remove some old plugs that I did not use anymore. My system seems to be working ok with protools 8 for about 2 weeks now but still has some issues.

Here is the weird thing. When I went to remove the plugs I noticed that the list showed protools 8 installed AND PTLE7.3cs7 also. Now when I did the update it has an uninstaller. That is what I used. Can someone check their add and remove window and see if you have something like this?

Crazy! If not can I remove the 7.3cs7 and not hurt version 8?

Man it keeps on getting wierder

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent
Old 01-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Default Re: 2 versions of protools installed!! Help!

The PT 8 installer includes and Uninstall program that you were supposed to run. Did you? if not I would run:
1. the PT8 uninstaller
2. then the 7.3 uninstaller
3. then reinstall PT8

This may sound painful, esp since you may have to reinstall your plugs or VI's, but to do it the right way is important. I hope someday in some future release DIGI puts an uninstall routine into their installers. I just updated the ATI video drivers on my office PC last night and after many years of having to manually uninstall first they now include that as part of any update. It's about dang time we are offered this.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar97 View Post
Now when I did the update it has an uninstaller. That is what I used.
I thought I made that part clear. That was why I was blown away. Before I install any protools it says you have to uninstall previous versions....BUT with the new protools 8 it had the uninstaller and the directions said to use that to uninstall the existing program (7.3cs7). I used the new uninstaller and have not really had a bunch of issues with the new version but some C++ errors and closing the session down, scroll issues etc. No more than usual.

Do you guys think I still need to uninstall and reinstall? That will not be good right now

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent
Old 01-16-2009, 08:24 PM

The errors are probably from outdated plugins.

Going from 7.3 to 8 means you need to updated EVERYTHING
Old 01-16-2009, 08:56 PM

I think I did update everything. That was the first thing I did.

Are you saying that I am still going to have to uninstall protools 8 then uninstall the 7.3cs7 that shows up then reinstall protools 8?

I guess I need to post a Sandra report.

DAW
-
Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 PM

Before you go through all that, move everything except the standard digi plugins into a temp folder and see if you're still having the errors.
Trash databases too.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:01 PM

I am not having trouble to speak of. That is what is weird. I am just seeing in the add remove programs that I have 2 versions of protools installed/.I will try to get a screen shot of it

DAW
-