Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 05:05 AM

Default CONVERT WAVE OR OTHER AUDIO FILES TO MIDI???

Hi i seen a post a little while back that told of a program that converts audio files to midi. the post was answered by a guy from bfd i believe. it is used primarily to covert drumtracks that are saved in an audio format to midi to be edited ect. i cannot locate the post after some considerable searching. (i should have subscribed to it) if someone could name the program for me i would appreciate it.
thanks,
Old 04-01-2006, 06:55 AM

Default Re: CONVERT WAVE OR OTHER AUDIO FILES TO MIDI???

www.drumagog.com

Only the "Pro" version.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 04-02-2006, 07:27 AM

any others?
Old 04-02-2006, 12:20 PM

A company called Celemony makes a piece of software called Melodyne.

I own Melodyne Studio v3, and I love it.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:45 PM

it just so happens that i have melodyne Cre8. i tried to export a drum track as midi but it is not recognized as a midi file by protools. i can play it and it sound like piano notes. maybe i'm doing something wrong, or Cre8 doesn't do what i'm hoping for. any direction would be much appreciated. i'm hoping to redo all my drum tracks with ezdrummer when it comes out this month. any drum tracks i have have been made with audio not midi. The kicker is that i have no experience with midi as of yet.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:
i can play it and it sound like piano notes.
Well, what sound module did you have the MIDI file triggering? And what patch was loaded? If it was a piano patch, then your MIDI file may indeed be correct, but your setup may not be. Try setting the output of the MIDI file to be a drum patch.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 04-02-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
The kicker is that i have no experience with midi as of yet.
Do you know that midi makes no sound on its own? Midi signals are basically control signals you can send to a sampler/synth/virtual instruments etc. When you get EZDrummer you trigger the drum samples with midi signals.

If you tell me what you're trying to do with Pro Tools and Cre8 and how you're doing it, I might be able to help you.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:34 PM

when i exported the file from melodyne i was expecting some sort of grid like when you pencil the notes in in protools. when i tried to import what i thought was a midi file pro tools didn't recognize the file i got from melodyne. basically i have some drum tracks in 2 channel wave format that were made with a roland drum set. those patches from the machine are long gone and the drummer is only good for a couple of tracks a year. so my best bet is to try and convert the wave audio to midi. i hope in turn i can use that to trigger the ezdrummer program which is midi based. this is all in a quest to polish some old tunes with better sounds. i really don't know much about midi other than it works like triggers. i guess what i'm getting at is can i use melodyne to create a midi file from my wave format drumtracks so i can load them into easy drummer and have stellar sounds. when i watched the easy drummer demo the midi files that were loaded looked like the grid that you would fill in with the pencil tool. it would be great if melodyne could map the drumtrack like that. i tried to import the above mentioned file to protools as a test to see if i had the right conversion. when i click on the file by itself it plays with windows media player and sounds like a piano. when i check its properties it says its midi. it would not import at all to protools.
thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 07:49 AM

Iv been trying to sort this out for the last 2 days with a kick drum, turning it into a midi track. I have MelodyneUno which doesnt convert to MIDI i think he only one that does is Melodyne 3.