Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 10-18-2014, 04:39 AM

Default Scorch 1.2 on iPad 2 (OS 8.0.1) closes

Hi everyone. I export my score using Sibelius 7.5 (Trial version) for Scorch. I then successfully load the score in to Scorch. Its a 20 minutes long piece of music. So far so good.
Scorch plays the first 16 to 16.5 minutes and then it closes. This happens repeatedly every time.
While playing, I can drag the scroll bar (at the bottom of the screen) past 17.5 minutes and then it plays the rest of the score without closing.
Scorch does not crash when it plays individual instruments extracted from the same score.
There is an error report in the iPad reports, but I can not make any sense of the report.

iPad model: 2 - 16GB (4GB available)
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Scorch to no avail.
The score plays fine on my MacMini using Sibelius 7.5 (trial Version) without quitting or crashing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks folks
Old 10-18-2014, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Scorch 1.2 on iPad 2 (OS 8.0.1) closes

Clutching at straws as I am still on iOS 7 and sib 7.1.3.
A) have you tried saving the score as an earlier version of Sibelius, export and select version 7 as 7.5 wasn't around when scorch 1.2 was released and I know 7 users can't open 7.5 scores so things gave been changed.
B) I load scorch files via iTunes , apps, scorch and add file. Again I would try that.

Just suggestions but two things to try.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:08 AM

Thanks for your reply. I have just tried the same process with exported versions 7 and also 6. Scorch managed to play it through once but then the same thing started happening again. This is very odd.
I am wondering if this is bug (limitation) in Sibelius 7.5 that for some reason it can not safely export more than one part (as individual parts from the same score play through fine)!!
Old 10-19-2014, 02:21 AM

Just an update on my own last post, I think I just sort of found the answer to my own last attempt.
I just tried an earlier version of the same score not touched by Sibelius 7.5 at all. Exactly the same problem.
At least that makes me wonder if the bug is in Scorch rather than Sibelius itself.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:43 AM

Sounds like it. The previous version of iOS scorch was unusable and this latest version has sorted the major bugs but there are still a few minor ones but it still shows it's age. Hopefully we will get an update in the next 12 months as Avid's vision for the future unfolds.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:07 AM

Thanks for replies.

Eyes on the road, fingers crossed, although at times it may feel the other way round!