Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 03-27-2012, 05:05 PM

Default Scorch 1.1, AirTurn and iPad crash

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the new iPad (3rd generation) and now every time I try to use Scorch with my AirTurn BT-105, Scorch crashes. If I turn Bluetooth off, the app will work correctly.

Is this a known bug?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Scorch 1.1, AirTurn and iPad crash

Interesting. I haven't been able to get my AirTurn to work with 1.1 at all on my iPad 2 and AirTurn have raised that as a bug with Avid
Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Hi all,

Have you seen the videos here? http://www.airturn.com/bt-105-faqs/u...e-bt-105-v-122

If it's still not working, I can raise the issue with our product management team to see if they have any further update.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 07-02-2012, 09:58 AM

Hi Joe
I have bought forScore because of all the issues I have with Scorch and that works fine with my AirTurn. I contacted Air Turn and they have also raised a call with the Avid development team for issues with Scorch and AirTurn.
I am using an iPad 2 and as far as I am aware, everything is running on the latest versions. Issues with Scorch are:
Try visiting your store and it crashes.
Often open files and get an error that there was a problem opening the file. Open a second time and the file opens normally but the new menu bar isn't visible but the buttons are actually there so I can go back to my library, switch to music stand view etc. just by clicking where the button would be. (I have the original menu bar with things like store.) this is random, files usually open ok but occasionally get an error when the file has opened previously.
Files frequently open on the last page in music stand view. (not had any problems with play back or transposition).
Search doesn't work, it finds the file but always opens the first one.
I can't forward or backward pages with my AirTurn, nothing happens at all (but the air turn is connected and works normally with other apps).
Files I have problems with are free ones from your store and those I created in G7 or Sibelius 7.
Have also noticed that view frequently reverts to book case mode where I tend to have it in list mode. I appreciate you can't tell us when you are going to upgrade but it would be useful to get the bugs fixed or let me roll back to version 1 as I found that a lot more stable.
Request for new fetures, a set list and then for files to open in succession in whatever view I am using, typically landscape music stand. (Basically I want to be able to do what I can in forScore but without having to convert my files from sib to pdf first as scorch is great with transposing and play back and just needs the bugs fixed and a bit more functionality!)
Old 07-11-2012, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions - I think we're aware of most of these problems but I'll make sure that your comments are seen by our product management team.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 07-26-2012, 12:01 PM

Any chance of getting back to 1.0 if Avid are not releasing an update soon as it was a lot more reliable than this current version.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Fraser,

Sorry, there isn't a way of installing older builds of any app that I know of.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 AM

I looked at ForScore but I found Donemus Sheet Music App. It can do most of what ForScore can and is free.
I hope they fix Scorch soon. Pretty soon I'll have all my scores transfered into Donemus and won't use scorch naymore.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:00 PM

I've been using ForScore for well over a year now. I prepare my files in Sibelius and then PDF them and import into ForScore. It has proved rock solid and isn't that expensive and has all the features I need. It is also upgraded regulary. It's a very crowded market place, but I have no regrets. You have clearly done your research and got what meets your needs! Enjoy!!!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:02 PM

As to fixing scorch, I would forget it. AVID Clearly have since they got rid of the developers.