Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

this project he had me do really wasnt ment to be too creative. just a basic acoustic cd. the verb was because he didnt want anything too ridiculous and with only the basic PT plugins, im not given much of a choice. i have done a lot of other stuff though, its just that the audio quality wasnt too good (i didnt record the instruments, i pulled them off an old 4 track) and i was a bit embarassed to post them.
thanks though. i love criticism when it comes to this. none of my friends are into this so its hard to get a good opinion
we did make another song with reason, but it has more bad language (his lyrics are all apparently raw emotion as he says) so be warned. its a pretty cool song though.
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/98130_whore.mp3
i wanted to use vari-fi on the very last bit of delay, but i feel bad using that plugin just for that then having the demo expire.
i have a whole bunch of other weird stuff my cousion has done and i have done, but sadly, my lack of experience leaves me with this.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

I like the sound of the vocal a lot. Very good songs.

-Tom
Old 12-31-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Cool, I've touched it up and reploaded. I was needing some De-essing. Thx for the comment on the kick. I'm bouncing the track again and will repost. Try it now. I'm trying to compensate for the room dynamics I'm in. Still haven't quite nailed it. This last version should be better. Thx again for the feedback!

--davec
StudioFX Multimedia
SpellWell Software
Old 12-31-2005, 08:40 PM

Also, this is done from an MP3 starter not the full 16 tracks. This was a an experiment involving my Harmonic-I mastering process found here:

Davec Harmonizer I

I will be mastering the CD with the full blown tracks next week.

--davec
StudioFX Multimedia
SpellWell Software
Old 01-01-2006, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Up and running.

Thx Jack !
Nice tune by the way, even if I like the guitar and its effects better than the rythm. Walther, you have something very interesting here, but imo you should probably wait for some days to let your ears calm down and finish the job : the structure is still a bit confusing and maybe repetitive... but you're close to it !

Yann
-i snor - the website
Old 01-01-2006, 11:01 PM

Ok the final mix is on the site available. Comments were much appreciated...

Hey Sis!

--davec
StudioFX Multimedia
SpellWell Software
Old 01-02-2006, 10:13 PM

I recently picked up a POD XT Pro and DFH Superior and this is my first attempt at using both. I'd appreciate any feedback. I've never had to mix drums before so any and all critisism is welcome.

http://shemp.dmusic.com/music/stream...119/stream.m3u
Old 01-03-2006, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Up and running.

Hey Yann thanks for commenting!

Yeah I must finish the job with some nice melodies and chord changes. That should make some more sense to the song I guess.

Walther

Metric Halo ULN8 3D Interface, NI Komplete Control S49 midikeyboard

Macbook Pro M1, 2.5 GHz 8 core CPU, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb storage, Monterey 12.6.6. PT Ultimate 2023.6, UVI Falcon 3.0 + some soundbanks, Waves Platinum bundle, some free Melda plugz, Metric Halo/Make Believe plugz.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Wow... it's been almost 2 years since I've posted anything under this topic... I'm starting a studio and I'm going to try to start making some extra cash with it. I bought all my stuff a couple years ago mainly for hobby and personal use but I've been recording some stuff for some local people and they are all loving it. I'm trying to decide how much charge... a band I worked with this week had done a previous demo at a studio that charged $70 per hour and it turned out like junk... I'm getting some pretty fat tones and I just want to know what to charge...

GIVE ME YOUR UN-RESTRAINED OPION of everything regarding this music...

As for the music...

The songs "Cry" and "Don't Go" are by the same band wich is like a screamo/post hardcore kinda group... On the two songs, we spent 12 hours total.

"King Arthur..." is a song by a local Metalcore band so if that will make your ears bleed, don't listen to it... Just for reference, we spent 8 hours on this song...

December 14 clips are live which would be an example of the "$199" 3 song demo I'm promoting... We spent 30 minutes tracking and 2 hours mixing...

I'm wanting to charge $30 and hour and I've got people already knocking my door down for that so I just wanted to see if that's fair...

Sorry for the huge post... here is the link:

http://www.purevolume.com/corbanartist

Please also take into account the awful Purevolume bit rate...

Alright, I'm done...

Rip me apart:
Shawn Ames
Corban Artist

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Stuff: AMD Athlon 1800, 1.5 gb ddr ram, 1 WD 80 gig hard drive, 1 100 gig hard drive, Digi 001 Protools LE 6.4, Behringer ADA, tons of mics and junk... If you care I'll tell you later, just ask.

Shawn, no question this quality is worth $30/hr. Nice tones. If I were the client, I would be happy to pay for this. Well done.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:

Shawn, no question this quality is worth $30/hr. Nice tones. If I were the client, I would be happy to pay for this. Well done.
Thanks for the feedback bro, I really appreciate it...

I'm glad you dug the tunes...

Thanks!
Shawn Ames