Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2003, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Gorilla - nice spooky tune dude! I fully enjoyed it, especially the fu**ed up vocal effects.

Clutch - love the groove on your song, and the v/o on the answer machine is great. There used to be a show out here in LA that ran stuff like that every Saturday - too bad it's gone now, I love the vibe of voice messages over music. Ben Folds Five did something similar on their last album before they broke up - too cool.

Blindmelon - great sounding recording, very clean and pristine, nice work. I'm a big fan of acoustic music, yours is well written and performed to boot, congrats.

Here's one of mine that I posted ages ago when this thread first started - it's come quite a long ways since those days in July . The 'demo' version is now officially finished, and I'll be heading into the studio to do final re-tracking of almost all the instruments over the next couple of weeks.

Falling Down (streaming MP3 - requires iTunes to play).

here's another one, not quite as far along in the process, but getting there:

Music Revolution

Enjoy, and keep up the good work everyone!

Slim
Old 10-21-2003, 09:40 PM

Jamlaw,

I really liked your "Black Hole" mix, as well as the genre of music. Your sound is contemporary and fresh. I am truly surprised that the guitars were laid down using a pod. It sounds a lot like a Mesa. Listening to your band makes me wish I still played metal! Unfortunately, the piper (me) oft times doesn't get to call the tune. I guess I'm just a studio whore now.

A lot of the posters here have done an excellent job mixing with the limited equipment they have.

Excuse me now, but I think I'm gonna go plug into a Marshall and rock. Thanks for the inspiration, everyone!

Gary
Old 10-21-2003, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Well, Here's my first try at mp3.com.

The firs tune was done in pro tools.
The other two were done in another app.

Be Honest, people, please.....

GJ
Big Fat Sherriff
Old 10-22-2003, 01:28 PM

Okay,

New to the DUC, but I thought I'd give it a go. Here's a song I have worked on for a local musician. We recorded in some of the most pitful conditions i have ever imagined (guitar was recorded in a hallway b/c it was the only quite room in his house (roomates), drums in a practice room (with other bands bleeding in) and the bass was a twig with a string on it with half of the pickup not working. But here's what we got...give me comments / critiques...I wonder about adding some more low end into this and peeling of some highs (possibly harsh)...if you think I should peel off some highs give me an idea of what freq's it would make sense to do this in..thx

Here's the link

http://www.flyboyproductions.com/Bub...%203_M1_16.mp3

THx,

Matt
Old 10-22-2003, 04:40 PM

Thanks for the props Gary but HELL NO - the rhythms weren't laid down with the POD the rhythms are MESAs baby. The POD was used for the gtr solo after the 2nd chorus and for the wierd melody guitar during the choruses that sounds like a keyboard!

BTW - This post needs a sticky like the one on the PC side!

DECONSTRUCT
Old 10-22-2003, 05:10 PM

Lil sumthin' I threw together w/ Reason Rewired into Pro Tools. It's a couple of months old so hopefully I'll have something new to post soon. Peace......Tee
web page
Old 10-22-2003, 05:38 PM

Thanks Slim, the phone v/o's were by my eldest daughter and a friend of hers - I happened to record them for posterity and decided to try them in the track. They timed out perfectly and added a bit of humour too so I kept 'em.
Currently working on more stuff with "groove"...

I haven't had much time to check out the latest postings but I'll be sure to when my current gig is over (please let it be soon!)

Thanks once again.

C
Old 10-22-2003, 05:52 PM

Hey , man there's alot of talent on this board!!!!!!!! All I've heard so far sounds great man...SERIOUSLY!!!! And yep...that Deconstruct production is da shiznit!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 06:10 PM

Quote:

Xavier,
I'de like to try that Tech 21 sometime...As far as the Fender Squier, I grab a Squier we have here every now and then, because it really sings for me on certain clean stuff. For some things, it's better than my good Strat. That Squier bass of yours sounds great too, it really does...
This is something I played using the Squier.
~Roy

and dream of Paradise

Sweet sounding tune, Roy. One word, LUSH. Love the ambient feel to it...were all the "sounds" from the Squier? Or was there some MIDI in there?

X
Old 10-22-2003, 10:03 PM

Quote:
the rhythms weren't laid down with the POD the rhythms are MESAs baby. DECONSTRUCT
At least now I know that my ears aren't failing me!

I never heard a POD produce THAT kind of rhythm sound before. I was starting to think that I was going to have to buy a POD if it could.

Really though, great job on the two songs I've heard. I'll have to go back to your website and check out anything else you have posted there.

You other guys and gals keep those tracks coming. I have enjoyed them very much, so far. I especially like when you mention what equipment you used and on what parts. Very informative for us all, I believe.

Gary