Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-16-2020, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Eucon instability

no

I'm going to need to turn off the tablets, they're constantly dropping connection and re-connecting. This is garbage. I'm getting angry
Old 02-16-2020, 09:13 PM

I've bought a new router, switched out the old iPad for a newer one, set all the tablets to static IPs, changed the channel for the router. How do I get this working??? Am I really the only one having these kinds of issues?
Old 02-16-2020, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avernon82 View Post
I've bought a new router, switched out the old iPad for a newer one, set all the tablets to static IPs, changed the channel for the router. How do I get this working??? Am I really the only one having these kinds of issues?
I had similar problems, but connected my 3 tablets via WLAN ( non static ). Also there was my iphone connected to the same WLAN. after diconnecting the iphone ( i didn`t use it with the avid app) the system works ok.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:52 AM

thanks, the router/wifi is dedicated to only the Pro Tools system and Avid control surfaces and tablets. no easy fix for me:-(
Old 02-17-2020, 08:42 AM

I thought that this weeks updates had improved the tablet drop-offs.

Turns out it hasn't.

I'm periodically losing one of other of them (Fire 10 or Huawei T5), and sometimes they even come back displaying as available but I can't drag them across in eucon surfaces.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:18 PM

Have you resolved this issue? I have the same setup with the same problems (2xS1 + 2x Fire HD10 / Dock + iPad Air) AirPort Extreme... also frustrated. Firmware is up to date on all. AVID HELP?!
Old 04-19-2020, 09:34 AM

I have a new S! setup with 2 S1s and a Dock and iPads on all of them. The S1s and Dock that are connected to ethernet and are pretty stable, but the iPads disconnect and reconnect at random times. It seems that at the start of a work session, everything is fine. As I work through a mix, banking back and forth, opening plugins, working faders and knobs etc., things start to get buggy over time. I'm having other issues with the S1s (the #4 knob keeps writing bug) but it is a pain to have a system so unstable. I intend to connect the iPad on the Dock, which runs the Control app, with ethernet using the Apple Camera Connection kit to have a faster connection for panning and such. The S1 tablets just show meters and are fine for that and I'll leave those on WiFi for now. I hope Avid can get it together with the next Eucon update because this in NOT a professional solution with such buggy behavior. I'll post back when I have the Control app on ethernet for a while and let you know if that improves things.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:43 PM

I have 2 new S1s as well. It seems that anytime I edit something in Eucon, mainly softkeys, I need to restart eucon apps, every single time. Say I make a softkey for whatever, I go back to work and the faders and encoders are much less responsive. Restarting the app fixes this. Or if the monitors shut off (not the HDDs or sleep mode, just monitors), same thing, less responsive S1s, so I'll just go ahead and restart eucon for the hell of it, knowing it's going to need it.
IMDB
LinkedIn
Old 04-20-2020, 11:45 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmixer View Post
I have a new S! setup with 2 S1s and a Dock and iPads on all of them. The S1s and Dock that are connected to ethernet and are pretty stable, but the iPads disconnect and reconnect at random times. It seems that at the start of a work session, everything is fine. As I work through a mix, banking back and forth, opening plugins, working faders and knobs etc., things start to get buggy over time. I'm having other issues with the S1s (the #4 knob keeps writing bug) but it is a pain to have a system so unstable. I intend to connect the iPad on the Dock, which runs the Control app, with ethernet using the Apple Camera Connection kit to have a faster connection for panning and such. The S1 tablets just show meters and are fine for that and I'll leave those on WiFi for now. I hope Avid can get it together with the next Eucon update because this in NOT a professional solution with such buggy behavior. I'll post back when I have the Control app on Ethernet for a while and let you know if that improves things.
The knob 4 issue is a hardware problem I'm afraid so you would need to contact Avid support to get it replaced. Fo WiFi have you followed all the advice here? http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...ontrol-Support
Old 04-20-2020, 11:46 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf1138 View Post
I have 2 new S1s as well. It seems that anytime I edit something in Eucon, mainly softkeys, I need to restart eucon apps, every single time. Say I make a softkey for whatever, I go back to work and the faders and encoders are much less responsive. Restarting the app fixes this. Or if the monitors shut off (not the HDDs or sleep mode, just monitors), same thing, less responsive S1s, so I'll just go ahead and restart eucon for the hell of it, knowing it's going to need it.
This is a known problem we are trying to track down. I saw this myself a couple of months ago but now don't, so its really hard to find whats going on. We have beta testers sending us data so hopefully we can nail it.