Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2010, 02:11 PM

Default Volume Automation - Delay when writing touch/trim

Hey guys
I'm automating some vocals using a D-Command with Pro Tools 7.3.1
I've got the track in the edit window showing volume graph. When I touch the fader and start making volume moves, I see the yellow trim graph line moving right with me.....but when I stop playback and pro tools coaleses my moves they are all delayed by a fraction!

As the yellow trim fader graph line with my intricate moves gets coalesed and turns into the black volume graph line, I literally see it all move on screen!

How can I get pro tools to keep the original trim move that I made and not apply any kind of delay before writing?

Why is it doing this?

Thanks!!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Volume Automation - Delay when writing touch/trim

For what it's worth; I'm not seeing that here. The automation is not moving when I stop, and it's the same if I coalesce manually, after every pass or on exit. What I did notice, however, is a slight flickering of the waveform when I touched the fader, but that's probably for another thread.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:07 AM

Here's a quick video to demonstrate. You can literally see the automation move to the right after it's written. I made the steepest part of the move before the grid line but then it's written after the grid line! How can I stop this happening and make Pro-Tools write the automation exactly as it initially sees it? (ie the red line)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTN-60QtyM
Old 09-20-2010, 01:04 PM

Not sure if it's the same thing, but here's a thread I started describing something very similar:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=278033

FWIW, Digi participated in the thread for a while and said they were looking into it. Nothing came of it though.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trombino View Post
Not sure if it's the same thing, but here's a thread I started describing something very similar:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=278033

FWIW, Digi participated in the thread for a while and said they were looking into it. Nothing came of it though.
Yes, definitely sounds like a similar thing!
Cheers, hopefully the issue can be solved.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:02 AM

just curious... is your delay comp on or off? and either way... switch it and does it have the same behavior?