Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2014, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Automator Services for Pro Tools (Mac)

I updated the link in the first post as there were changes made that went into the final version 2.0 of the files.
There is just one Track Preset Service & Action anymore, the 2nd one is deprecated and will return as a “Create Session Template” action soon.

Also I will shortly post a version that re-enables the ability to select a subfolder to save the Track Presets to.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:39 PM

So here it is, Create Track Preset version 2.1.

Changes in v2.1:

- Changed the code which moves the session file to its folder so that the annoying system sound "Volume Mount.aif” is no longer being triggered.

- Re-enabled the ability for the user to pick or create a subfolder within the Track Presets folder to save the new Track Preset to, therefore disabled auto save.

- Removed the input dialog box to enter the Track Preset name as it was obsolete due to the changes above.

- Added support for Yosemite.

- Minor code changes.

Edit: I took down the download link as the Automator version 2.1 is not working as intended. I will release it as an AppleScript read-only bundle that you can use with apps like FastScripts or Keyboard Maestro, then the "Create Track Preset" automation will fully work as intended so that you can pick a subfolder to save to.
More info soon...

Last edited by Oliver M; 10-24-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:39 AM

Hi Oliver. Thank you so much for doing this! I Love it. Without sounding ungrateful I need to point out, that the script seems to have a couple of small bugs. It does not rename the preset files .ptxt . So the files are just called ptx and do not show up inside pro tools unless manually renamed (add the last 't').
Another small issue is that the script does not always seem to locate to the correct folder (Track Presets). At least it didn't the first time I used it. Instead it went to the documents root folder, and I had to point it into the Pro Tools / Track Preset sub folder. After setting the path correctly the first time it has located to the correct folder nicely ever after.

Once again thanks for sharing!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkabel View Post
Hi Oliver. Thank you so much for doing this! I Love it. Without sounding ungrateful I need to point out, that the script seems to have a couple of small bugs. It does not rename the preset files .ptxt . So the files are just called ptx and do not show up inside pro tools unless manually renamed (add the last 't').
Another small issue is that the script does not always seem to locate to the correct folder (Track Presets). At least it didn't the first time I used it. Instead it went to the documents root folder, and I had to point it into the Pro Tools / Track Preset sub folder. After setting the path correctly the first time it has located to the correct folder nicely ever after.

Once again thanks for sharing!
Hmmm, thats very odd, I made extensive tests and had some guys check it out, too.
Are you running PT and your OS X in english? If not then it won’t work.
Also, if you use a custom path to your Pro Tools library folder then it won’t work either.
The path it looks for is ~/Documents/Pro Tools/ which is the default.

Are you running Default Folder X?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:54 AM

Both PT (11.2.1) and OS (10.9.5) are in English. Not using Default Folder X at the moment.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Both PT (11.2.1) and OS (10.9.5) are in English. Not using Default Folder X at the moment.
Are you able to use AppleScript bundles with Keyboard Maestro, QuicKeys or the like?
I'd like you to test the script version.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:27 AM

Yes, I am using Keyboard Mastro. That would be great.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Yes, I am using Keyboard Mastro. That would be great.
Whats your E-Mail address? Or enable private messaging here.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:06 AM

Hi Oliver ! Nice work…

Is it possible to get your automator-services work in PT 10 ? This would be fantastic, since I´m still doing most of my work in 10

All the best J.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 10-17-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonwurm View Post
Hi Oliver ! Nice work…

Is it possible to get your automator-services work in PT 10 ? This would be fantastic, since I´m still doing most of my work in 10

All the best J.
I believe there was an AppleScript bug in version 10 and early versions of 11 that prevents the "Create Track Preset" process from running successfully. I haven’t tried it lately but will see what I can find out.

Curious, are you running tools like Keyboard Maestro, too?