Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 09-27-2018, 11:06 PM

Default Logic 10.4.2 breaks Eucon automation modes.

Hey Eddie,

Logic 10.4.2 has just come out, and they have made some changes to the mixer as well as automation which have broken something here. It's now impossible to select automation modes from the dock, but I can still do it from my Mc Mix.

So I pose the question again, is it up to Avid to adjust Eucon to accommodate the new behavior or is this Apple's fault for breaking Eucon?

I'm sure it's going to be months before this is fixed, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

The PT Control app is still broken in several ways, as are track stacks with Eucon.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Logic 10.4.2 breaks Eucon automation modes.

I should also add that I started a clean install on this machine with OS X Mojave, that could also be responsible..
Old 09-28-2018, 11:51 AM
Avid

Our QA guys just tested this (with Mojave too) and they say it works OK. Can you make a video of what is broken?
Old 09-28-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Our QA guys just tested this (with Mojave too) and they say it works OK. Can you make a video of what is broken?
The left side of the dock was not lit up at all. Usually "read" or "off" is on in new projects, and none of the automation buttons are working.

But I believe I have solved it. I brought over the MC_USER_SET_Root folder from another installation so I wouldn't have to remap all those keys. After deleting it, the buttons work again.

Thanks for testing it, and by doing so you give me more insight into the quirks of this stuff.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:21 PM

I've got the automation functionality back, but now the lights aren't in their correct states. For example, light is on for "read" when the track is actually off, same thing for the off button vice versa.

This also happens on the other side, the jog light is lit when jog is off, press it to turn on jog mode but the light goes out.

I hope this can be addressed for the next release!
Old 09-29-2018, 06:53 AM
Avid

This sounds like an issue with the softkey appset, not Logic or EuControl. I would backup your appsets and then uninstall EuControl using the Installer. Check the uninstall everything and Uninstall prefs options. Also, make sure to delete the softkey appsets. Then reinstall so you get the factory default and see if it fixes it.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
This sounds like an issue with the softkey appset, not Logic or EuControl. I would backup your appsets and then uninstall EuControl using the Installer. Check the uninstall everything and Uninstall prefs options. Also, make sure to delete the softkey appsets. Then reinstall so you get the factory default and see if it fixes it.
Just tried that, I have a factory setup now.. The jog light comes on with a new logic project but the wheel isn't in jog mode. You press jog and then the light goes out, and the wheel jogs.

The automation stuff is sorted but not jog - can you check this one out? That's been a bug for a long time even when I used the MC transport..

thanks
Old 09-29-2018, 10:32 PM

It's all working perfectly fine here. (AVID S3, Dock and iPad app). Logic 10.4.2. PTU 2018.7 and Mojave.
Only thing I have found to not work in Mojave is Teleport (KVM app that I've used for years). Synergy is a fine replacement.

Note, I do not condone the use of Mojave, as it is of course, not yet approved by AVID. (I have fallback OS SSD's)
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 10-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
Just tried that, I have a factory setup now.. The jog light comes on with a new logic project but the wheel isn't in jog mode. You press jog and then the light goes out, and the wheel jogs.

The automation stuff is sorted but not jog - can you check this one out? That's been a bug for a long time even when I used the MC transport..

thanks
I found that changing both the Jog and Shuttle commands to Transport Commands not Dock commands fixes this.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I found that changing both the Jog and Shuttle commands to Transport Commands not Dock commands fixes this.
Doing it that way kills the button completely for me.. it stays lit, no jogging..

Can we confirm it to be a bug worthy of investigation?