Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Rewire quit unexpectedly but pro-tools still thinks rewire..

...is open.

Sorry if this has been covered but I did a search and came up empty handed. Kind of an interesting situation here.

I'm on a macbook 2GHz intel core 2 duo w 2GB of ram. Using protools 7.3.1 (Digi002) and reason 4

So I had a session open with rewire and everything was going fine. Suddenly rewire quit unexpectedly. Pro-tools didn't seem to acknowledge the rewire crash and still thinks reason is open. If i try to restart pro-tools it says I need to close my rewire applications first...but reason isn't even open. I was able to close out the session on protools but I was still unable to quit protools. If i try to reopen reason it tells me that my digi hardware is in use and doesn't open. Even if i attempt to restart the computer I'm back to protools telling me to shut down my rewire application. can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks,
Rustybucket
Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Rewire quit unexpectedly but pro-tools still thinks rewire..

same thing just happened to me. would be nice to get some advice on this one. it seems to get the whole system stuck.
thanks!