Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2015, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Application Manager reporting update available that's already installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
If you haven't already done so, please install v2.4.1 and reply with your results. Thank you!
I have the same issue of being prompted to update to 12.0.0.456, only I am already on 12.1. Why would I want to install version 2.4.1 of AM when I have version 2.4.2.6435 currently that knows it is current? This seems a bit nutty... Also, If there is an update for PT12.1 how will I know without going on safari?
Old 08-21-2015, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Application Manager reporting update available that's already installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkcorp View Post
I have the same issue of being prompted to update to 12.0.0.456, only I am already on 12.1. Why would I want to install version 2.4.1 of AM when I have version 2.4.2.6435 currently that knows it is current? This seems a bit nutty... Also, If there is an update for PT12.1 how will I know without going on safari?
That was the current version at the time of that post (beginning of July).

See my later post (this is not an Application Manager bug, and it should be fixed in a subsequent Pro Tools update).

Even though Application Manager is prompting for a version that's installed, it should notify you when the next update comes out. We also post release notices to the Technical Alerts forum, so I'd recommend subscribing to that forum (in the Forum Tools menu) to get notifications.

Sorry for the confusion this has caused.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Check for Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Starting with v12.0, update notifications for Pro Tools are handled by a separate Avid Application Manager app.

We also post release notices to the Technical Alerts forum, so I'd recommend subscribing to that forum (in the Forum Tools menu) to get notifications.
Hey Jeffro,

I've installed PT 12.1 4 times already from the Application Manager - even after uninstalling 12 a couple of times. But APP Manager is STILL saying "Install" rather than "Current".

Is this a known issue?

Gavin

Last edited by jeffro; 08-22-2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Moved to related thread.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Application Manager reporting 12.1 available when it's already installed on Windo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGav View Post
I've installed PT 12.1 4 times already from the Application Manager - even after uninstalling 12 a couple of times. But APP Manager is STILL saying "Install" rather than "Current". Is this a known issue?
Sorry, it is (and there was already a thread so I moved your post). I also logged it here for visibility.