Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2014, 11:53 AM

Default Re: How to sell my PT 11 license?

I've been at this for more than a week.
I tried so many things to resolve my issue.
Looked through the manual, brought it to work even read through it and on my brakes fiddled and farted through the unit itself to find something that my help.
Tried keywords in the PDF.
Asked for a helping hand.
You will never meet a more diligent person than me when it comes to troubleshooting and resolving an issue.
I've got two kids and they to just want the answer without any effort on their part to find a solution I assure you I am nothing like that.
And I am a computer technician and have been for the last 20 years just needed my fellow PT users to help guess that was to much to ask.
But yes when it comes to this audio stuff I'm not that familiar with it.
I've ran out of patience and I just want it resolved and you guys have been little help.
And yes I now know what the problem is and the reason non can really truly help is the simple fact that none of you know how to fix it why bother even post if you don't have a freaking clue or any intention of helping a brother out.
Sad very sad.
Shame on you.
Boss GT-100

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3400MHz
Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
16384 MB Ram
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Win 8.1 Pro 64X

Thing of it is see, Ya know what I'm saying?
Old 09-13-2014, 01:16 PM

Hey admins how about deleting this entire waste of time thread.
Boss GT-100

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3400MHz
Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
16384 MB Ram
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Win 8.1 Pro 64X

Thing of it is see, Ya know what I'm saying?
Old 09-13-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oNeKOG View Post
Looked through the manual, brought it to work even read through it and on my brakes fiddled and farted through the unit itself to find something that my help.
You will never meet a more diligent person than me when it comes to troubleshooting and resolving an issue.
I've got two kids and they to just want the answer without any effort on their part to find a solution I assure you I am nothing like that.
And I am a computer technician and have been for the last 20 years just needed my fellow PT users to help guess that was to much to ask.
I've ran out of patience and I just want it resolved and you guys have been little help.
And yes I now know what the problem is and the reason non can really truly help is the simple fact that none of you know how to fix it why bother even post if you don't have a freaking clue or any intention of helping a brother out.
Sad very sad.
Shame on you.
We've helped you and given you resources to help fix the issue but you seem reluctant to follow the advice given you. I mean there are certain things here that point to the fact you know little about how even simple things on your computer work - like changing/configuring audio engines. The fact is with a program as complex as ProTools you DO have to learn computers and how they work. Maybe get one of your kids to show you how

There are collective centuries of experience with PT here and we can help fix any problem short of possibly the software being broken but when we help and give advice and the one receiving the advice doesn't know the simplest things - then all the experience in the world won't help. I already gave you one book to purchase - the PT101 course book. Buy it, read it, understand it.

edit for additional:
If you've been a computer technician for 20 years some of the questions you ask should be almost second nature to do. I mean - you should be able to figure out how to set your audio setup on your computer as well as no what 'input only' means.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 09-13-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-13-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oNeKOG View Post
Sad very sad.
Shame on you.
googled this for you on how to change hardware settings. http://www.protoolsproduction.com/hardwaresetup/
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:18 PM

Here is the OSX driver for your unit: http://www.roland.com/support/articl...loads&p=GT-100 which will hopefully have it show up as a audio interface you can select in hardware settings.

Hope this helps.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.