Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Poor mans Vocal Booth

Hey All

Figured some of us dont have the luxury of a full studio and we record in small rooms or apartments so this is a link to a site that could help out on building a vocal booth cheap.
This site is where I started out with recording my karaoke stuff but none the less cool site and you guys can post some of your stuff there. Im sure you guys are out of their league there when it comes to quality production. Most on there are using cool edit pro and sb live cards. But there are some who post original stuff so its all good either way. But the booth is really cool and very inexpensive and doesnt look to bad. Check it out! tell me what ya think. daretosing.com is the main site but here is the link to the forum where the booth details and pics are at.

http://daretosing.com/bbs/showthread...&threadid=1200

Peace Eddie
Old 01-19-2004, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Poor mans Vocal Booth

All that work, and there's an SM-58 there. I've recorded artists with an SM58, sitting in the engineering chair, at the console, with him monitoring the near fields. You don't need a vocal booth for a mic like that... you just need to turn it off axis.

Cool plan though... I bet that room sounds REALLY small. Might be good for working out parts, but I'd have to go to a facility to do the final vocals. I hate "hearing the walls". I might build something like that in my home music room to drop amps and such into.

-Tom
Old 01-19-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Poor mans Vocal Booth

LOL I know I sorta laughed when I saw the sm58 sitting there wrapped in 200 mph tape. But hopefully the ideal is helpful for those who need to some sort of a controlled recording surrounding that could easily be done for a cheap price and put into a small apartment size room or whatever situation someone may need it.

Eddie